The Student Room Group

who else found English Literature Paper 1 hard

I found the Macbeth question quite hard? I’ve been crying ever since
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I found it really difficult too. It was a tough question, let's hope the grade boundaries are low this year lol
Reply 2
I found Macbeth easy but Christmas carol absolutely impossible

Original post by Chynabenae
I found the Macbeth question quite hard? I’ve been crying ever since
AQA, violence?

Don't cry, please! You won't be the only one that found it hard. The board has to take into account the rest of the country too and then set a grade boundary that they think is fair.

Paper 2 is next week, so revise your butt off for that and it may be able to level out this paper. Who knows, you may not have done as bad as you thought.

Chin up! :hugs:
I did too I rambled smmm!! I revised other characters alot, not expecting the most obvious and main characters too come up :frown:
I did Romeo and Juliet and Jane Eyre and I found it went quite well.
Reply 6
I blacked out in the first 10 mins but I finally finished, I cried so much in the end it's so overwhelming I don't know whether I did well or not but I hopefully did well *fingerscrossed*
Omg don't even get me started on a christmas carol. Idk if you're on AQA but I could easily have written about how Scrooge changes throughout the novella if it wasn't to do with the ghosts
Original post by Bob1731
I found Macbeth easy but Christmas carol absolutely impossible
Reply 8
Original post by RazzzBerries
AQA, violence?

Don't cry, please! You won't be the only one that found it hard. The board has to take into account the rest of the country too and then set a grade boundary that they think is fair.

Paper 2 is next week, so revise your butt off for that and it may be able to level out this paper. Who knows, you may not have done as bad as you thought.

Chin up! :hugs:

Thankyou so much❤️ very true :smile: if i got at least at 6 on this paper do you think it’s possible to still get a 7? X
Reply 9
Original post by amy_studyxo
I did too I rambled smmm!! I revised other characters alot, not expecting the most obvious and main characters too come up :frown:

I revised so much in lady Macbeth and themes and I didn’t know how to link it to violence very well
Reply 10
I’m in my first year of A Levels and let me tell you. From the bottom of my heart. As long as you pass ( grade 4 ) you’ll be sound, I got a a 6 in English lit and 7 in English lang and I was gassed , to find out most sixth forms / universities anyway only want applicants that got 8 + ( example , could want 7 or 6 ) GCSE’s at grade 4 and above. Same with part time work, I worked at Footasylum & newlook they didn’t even care to ask for my GCSE’s grades tbh cos they give you training anyway. School put pressure on you to do well, but as long as you pass your still winning , people on my a level course just about got 4’s yet we’re studying the same thing
Reply 11
Same same same it’s the worst hearing everyone come out grinning at how easy it was when I flopped :frown:
Thankyou so much❤️ very true :smile: if i got at least at 6 on this paper do you think it’s possible to still get a 7? X

Definately! :yep: x
Original post by Lola321
I’m in my first year of A Levels and let me tell you. From the bottom of my heart. As long as you pass ( grade 4 ) you’ll be sound, I got a a 6 in English lit and 7 in English lang and I was gassed , to find out most sixth forms / universities anyway only want applicants that got 8 + GCSE’s at grade 4 and above. Same with part time work, I worked at Footasylum & newlook they didn’t even care to ask for my GCSE’s grades tbh cos they give you training anyway. School put pressure on you to do well, but as long as you pass your still winning , people on my a level course just about got 4’s yet we’re studying the same thing

That’s so true I guess, I mean I guess it doesn’t matter much what you get, just passing matters x
Reply 14
Hi everyone here ! So basically in Christmas carol I wrote what happened with each ghosts then add a quote or two for each ghosts and then what effect it had on Scrooge. Do you guys think I attempted this right. Proper stressing right now lol
I didn't find the questions hard but I ran out of time :frown:. I wrote 3 pages for Macbeth and 1 and a quarter for A Christmas Carol. Hopefully the content on my Christmas Carol essay won't let me down too much.
Original post by via02
Same same same it’s the worst hearing everyone come out grinning at how easy it was when I flopped :frown:

Same, I’m just not very good under pressure...
same! I had no idea what to link it too and I didn't really have any context except for the divine right of kings
I revised so much in lady Macbeth and themes and I didn’t know how to link it to violence very well
I did Macbeth which was so hard and did inspector call which was so easy
Original post by amy_studyxo
same! I had no idea what to link it too and I didn't really have any context except for the divine right of kings

Literally same, I just rambled on about the dagger speech

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending