Edexcel A level History 2019 Watch

ChemicalFire23
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just wondering what people's predictions for the A Level Paper's this year are. I am doing Germany and West Germany 1919-89, The Rise and Fall of Fascism in Italy 1911-46 and Rebellion and Disorder Under the Tudors 1485-1603.
Struggling_along
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We're doing the same course- think there will be a bigger focus on the FRG this year because it's mainly been Weimar and Nazi stuff before, obviously can't say for certain though. For Italy probably a focus on the liberal period as last year's source was on Fascist Italy and a lot about the downfall of fascism. Not too sure on Tudors- maybe something on economy, for the rebellions Northern Rising hasn't come up I don't think and Tyrone's only in the source question.
bmgrace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Struggling_along)
We're doing the same course- think there will be a bigger focus on the FRG this year because it's mainly been Weimar and Nazi stuff before, obviously can't say for certain though. For Italy probably a focus on the liberal period as last year's source was on Fascist Italy and a lot about the downfall of fascism. Not too sure on Tudors- maybe something on economy, for the rebellions Northern Rising hasn't come up I don't think and Tyrone's only in the source question.
I reckon we might get a nature of/controlling opposition question with FRG and Weimar

And maybe Governments too?

Cultural generational tensions would make sense or Guest workers (minorities)
Struggling_along
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ok so minorities definitely came up!!
Luckily I had focused on that before so it was fine- what questions did you guys do- I did the fall of the Weimar Republic one and ethnic minorities.
bmgrace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Luckily I had focused on that before so it was fine- what questions did you guys do- I did the fall of the Weimar Republic one and ethnic minorities.
Same! How did you find the interpretations?
Struggling_along
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I found Extract 1 really hard to analyse because there was essentially only one thing to talk about (Mein Kampf reflecting Hitler's racial views and how this led him to invade Eastern Europe)- I used that to show that he didn't want world war which was my argument.
Extract 2 was pretty good and I drew some good comparisons though I was running out of time so only wrote 3 and a bit pages and wrote a fat conclusion to make up for it haha- you?
(Original post by bmgrace)
Same! How did you find the interpretations?
ChemicalFire23
Rep:
?
I did the fall of Weimar and the Economy question

ChemicalFire23
Rep:
?
Same. I also found Extract 1 pretty hard to analyse. Extract 2 wasn't that bad though but I was running out of time towards the end.
I found Extract 1 really hard to analyse because there was essentially only one thing to talk about (Mein Kampf reflecting Hitler's racial views and how this led him to invade Eastern Europe)- I used that to show that he didn't want world war which was my argument.
Extract 2 was pretty good and I drew some good comparisons though I was running out of time so only wrote 3 and a bit pages and wrote a fat conclusion to make up for it haha- you?
ChemicalFire23
Rep:
?
For Italy I was thinking maybe the successes of Mussolini's foreign policy or economic policy. For Tudors maybe Kett's rebellion and Tyrone's rebellion. Hopefully in breadth something about extending royal power in the localities comes up
Struggling_along
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wow I really hope Tyrone's doesn't come up there's just too much to talk about... Kett's would be good or Pilgrimage of Grace, also for Italy they might have Mussolini's foreign policy as a source cause they had one a year ago about how his economic policy influenced foreign policy or something. Think there'll be something on the liberals though
(Original post by ChemicalFire23)
For Italy I was thinking maybe the successes of Mussolini's foreign policy or economic policy. For Tudors maybe Kett's rebellion and Tyrone's rebellion. Hopefully in breadth something about extending royal power in the localities comes up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads