The Student Room Group

Edexcel A level History 2019

Just wondering what people's predictions for the A Level Paper's this year are. I am doing Germany and West Germany 1919-89, The Rise and Fall of Fascism in Italy 1911-46 and Rebellion and Disorder Under the Tudors 1485-1603.
We're doing the same course- think there will be a bigger focus on the FRG this year because it's mainly been Weimar and Nazi stuff before, obviously can't say for certain though. For Italy probably a focus on the liberal period as last year's source was on Fascist Italy and a lot about the downfall of fascism. Not too sure on Tudors- maybe something on economy, for the rebellions Northern Rising hasn't come up I don't think and Tyrone's only in the source question.
Reply 2
Original post by Struggling_along
We're doing the same course- think there will be a bigger focus on the FRG this year because it's mainly been Weimar and Nazi stuff before, obviously can't say for certain though. For Italy probably a focus on the liberal period as last year's source was on Fascist Italy and a lot about the downfall of fascism. Not too sure on Tudors- maybe something on economy, for the rebellions Northern Rising hasn't come up I don't think and Tyrone's only in the source question.

I reckon we might get a nature of/controlling opposition question with FRG and Weimar

And maybe Governments too?

Cultural generational tensions would make sense or Guest workers (minorities)
Ok so minorities definitely came up!!
Luckily I had focused on that before so it was fine- what questions did you guys do- I did the fall of the Weimar Republic one and ethnic minorities.
Reply 4
Luckily I had focused on that before so it was fine- what questions did you guys do- I did the fall of the Weimar Republic one and ethnic minorities.

Same! How did you find the interpretations?
I found Extract 1 really hard to analyse because there was essentially only one thing to talk about (Mein Kampf reflecting Hitler's racial views and how this led him to invade Eastern Europe)- I used that to show that he didn't want world war which was my argument.
Extract 2 was pretty good and I drew some good comparisons though I was running out of time so only wrote 3 and a bit pages and wrote a fat conclusion to make up for it haha- you?
Original post by bmgrace
Same! How did you find the interpretations?
I did the fall of Weimar and the Economy question

Same. I also found Extract 1 pretty hard to analyse. Extract 2 wasn't that bad though but I was running out of time towards the end.
I found Extract 1 really hard to analyse because there was essentially only one thing to talk about (Mein Kampf reflecting Hitler's racial views and how this led him to invade Eastern Europe)- I used that to show that he didn't want world war which was my argument.
Extract 2 was pretty good and I drew some good comparisons though I was running out of time so only wrote 3 and a bit pages and wrote a fat conclusion to make up for it haha- you?
For Italy I was thinking maybe the successes of Mussolini's foreign policy or economic policy. For Tudors maybe Kett's rebellion and Tyrone's rebellion. Hopefully in breadth something about extending royal power in the localities comes up
Wow I really hope Tyrone's doesn't come up there's just too much to talk about... Kett's would be good or Pilgrimage of Grace, also for Italy they might have Mussolini's foreign policy as a source cause they had one a year ago about how his economic policy influenced foreign policy or something. Think there'll be something on the liberals though
Original post by ChemicalFire23
For Italy I was thinking maybe the successes of Mussolini's foreign policy or economic policy. For Tudors maybe Kett's rebellion and Tyrone's rebellion. Hopefully in breadth something about extending royal power in the localities comes up

do you remember what came up on your italy paper? i really want to practice last years questions
Original post by ChemicalFire23
Just wondering what people's predictions for the A Level Paper's this year are. I am doing Germany and West Germany 1919-89, The Rise and Fall of Fascism in Italy 1911-46 and Rebellion and Disorder Under the Tudors 1485-1603.

What questions came up with rebellion under the tudors?
Can’t share as these are likely to be mock exam Qs! Sorry mate
Original post by Avi Hoff
do you remember what came up on your italy paper? i really want to practice last years questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending