?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
How did everyone find the question on romeo and juliet edexcel
Cadbury456
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Fate was a really nice theme. there was loads o talk about. what about you?
aliya19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Cadbury456)
Fate was a really nice theme. there was loads o talk about. what about you?
I don't know if you did AQA by our question was "How does Shakespeare present the relationship between Romeo and Juliet?"
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
thrivingmakeup
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I loved aqa i want to kiss them
(Original post by aliya19)
i don't know if you did aqa by our question was "how does shakespeare present the relationship between romeo and juliet?"
warriors
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
first para Romeo and juliet i talked about the sonnet and the semantic field of both the physical and religous combining. i also talked about shakespeare giving juliet a reply unlike other 16th century novel which show a greater sense of feminine power.
next para i talked about romeos unrequited love for juliet in contrast to his love for juliet.
final para i discussed the balcony scene.

can someone please tell me if this content and structure is alright for the question
CallumMcx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
seems good, would also have talked about how they finish off each others iambic pentameters but sounds good, i do AQA just to let you know
(Original post by warriors)
first para Romeo and juliet i talked about the sonnet and the semantic field of both the physical and religous combining. i also talked about shakespeare giving juliet a reply unlike other 16th century novel which show a greater sense of feminine power.
next para i talked about romeos unrequited love for juliet in contrast to his love for juliet.

can someone please tell me if this content and structure is alright for the question
aliya19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by warriors)

That is perfect. And its because of smart people like you that the grade boundaries are so high. I'm going to be VERY surprised if you don't get at least an 8. Possibly even an 9. Well done!
Last edited by aliya19; 5 days ago
JackDM24
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Damn Romeo and Juliet got goood this year. Even WJEC Eduqas got it easy this year. We got The theme of love.
aliya19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by thrivingmakeup)
I loved aqa i want to kiss them
Same I was so happy with the question and I also did A Christmas Carol which at first was hard to understand but I adjusted to it after.
Hmax123
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Xcaitlinrosex)
How did everyone find the question on romeo and juliet edexcel
Really hard
thrivingmakeup
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
i had been telling my friends that it would be Romeo or Juliet and i was so confident with them and all my friends were telling me it would be friar or nurse and when we came out of the exam i skipped up to my friends and i was like ‘i told you so’ lol
Same I was so happy with the question and I also did A Christmas Carol which at first was hard to understand but I adjusted to it after.
aliya19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by thrivingmakeup)
i had been telling my friends that it would be Romeo or Juliet and i was so confident with them and all my friends were telling me it would be friar or nurse and when we came out of the exam i skipped up to my friends and i was like ‘i told you so’ lol
Lol. That was me with A Christmas Carol. I had an idea that it would be something to do with fate for some idea. However, I included fate in my essay too. Sooo, fingers crossed. Good luck!
warriors
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
thanks one more question would it also be fine if i talked about juliet saying ' o wherefore art thou romeo' shows she is smarter than romeo as she knows the risks their relationship could have
Isa moreea
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
In English literature I wrote about Romeo relationship with Juliet is strong as he states “ o she doth teaches the torches to burn bright “ and analysed it proper and I also wrote about how friar believes the relationship between Romeo and Juliet is inevitable! Will this get me in band 5 ( grade 6-7)
Sophie.eve156
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
That is perfect. And its because of smart people like you that the grade boundaries are so high. I'm going to be VERY surprised if you don't get at least an 8. Possibly even an 9. Well done!
Well I think I’ve just failed looking at this answer 😭
Isa moreea
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I’m soo confused are you talking avkit me 😂😂
lilTrain
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Lol those questions were so good i was ecstatic and writing so fast because i literally just did the exact same extracts an hour before the exam!
In the R+J i talked about religious imagery of dear saint and holy palms, then i talked about the pilgrim lips shite and how elizabethan audience wouldnt like romeo placing juliet above religion. Then i somehow got fate into it since its my favourite theme and said their relationship was too strong that it had to be doomed. Forgot the last point...
But yeah i think we are getting pretty lucky with the exams so far, probably gonna have higher boundaries though
meipwrk
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
why are y'all talking bout AQA when OP said EDEXCEL
Sophie.eve156
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by lilTrain)
Lol those questions were so good i was ecstatic and writing so fast because i literally just did the exact same extracts an hour before the exam!
In the R+J i talked about religious imagery of dear saint and holy palms, then i talked about the pilgrim lips shite and how elizabethan audience wouldnt like romeo placing juliet above religion. Then i somehow got fate into it since its my favourite theme and said their relationship was too strong that it had to be doomed. Forgot the last point...
But yeah i think we are getting pretty lucky with the exams so far, probably gonna have higher boundaries though
Yeah I said “two star crossed lovers take there life” shows that they were meant to be together and die together
Isa moreea
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Lol Yh same
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (175)
23.36%
The paper was reasonable (312)
41.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (142)
18.96%
It was TERRIBLE (120)
16.02%

Watched Threads