17-year-old studying A-levels - predicted A*AA & got 10 grades 7-9 + A* at GCSE Watch

chibichibi_xx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey I'm a student currently in my first year of A-levels and I'm currently predicted A*AA (STC after May exams) in Maths, Biology and Chemistry. I'm also taking AS Physics and completing an EPQ. I am applying for Medicine next year and taking the UCAT in the summer. Feel free to ask away!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
Sam snake
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chibichibi_xx)
Hey I'm a student currently in my first year of A-levels and I'm currently predicted A*AA (STC after May exams) in Maths, Biology and Chemistry. I'm also taking AS Physics and completing an EPQ. I am applying for Medicine next year and taking the UCAT in the summer. Feel free to ask away!
I’m applying to medicine too 😁. Are you going to do the bmat as well?
Coolkitkat23
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
well done! During a level, what is the best work experience to get for medicine?
Tolgarda
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How does it feel to know that your competition is going to be very intense (e.g. some students will be applying with straight 9s at GCSE and A*s at A Level, along with exceptional UKCAT/BMAT scores and a wealth of work experience)? Does it bother you, or do you relish the challenge?
Last edited by Tolgarda; 1 month ago
DGeorge13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tolgarda)
How does it feel to know that your competition is going to be very intense (e.g. some students will be applying with straight 9s at GCSE and A*s at A Level with exceptional UKCAT/BMAT scores and a wealth of work experience)? Does it bother you, or do you relish the challenge?
I know I’m not op but I am bothered by this even with straight 9s and hopefully getting 3a*s predicted.

What are you doing your epq on?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Rid The Kid
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what subjects did you do
Sam snake
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DGeorge13)
I know I’m not op but I am bothered by this even with straight 9s and hopefully getting 3a*s predicted.

The competition is going to be very high, but all you need is one offer
Tolgarda
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DGeorge13)

I finished my EPQ and should be on course for an A (hopefully not changed during the moderation process). My EPQ was on the accuracy of psychometrics (more specifically, the IQ test). It was a fun little project.
ethancruise15
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you most looking forward to..

A - £120000 of student debt.
B - 80-100 Hour work weeks .
C - 20 years of training before you make a decent salary.
Sam snake
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ethancruise15)
Are you most looking forward to..

A - £120000 of student debt.
B - 80-100 Hour work weeks .
C - 20 years of training before you make a decent salary.
😂where’s D- All of the above
ethancruise15
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just decide if after all that you want to practice medicine, because if you genuinely enjoy your job, then you'll never have to work a day in your life. But if you're only doing it for that Dr. title then your life will be misery.
chibichibi_xx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sam snake)
I’m applying to medicine too 😁. Are you going to do the bmat as well?
I don't know yet - I'll wait until my UCAT result and if its a good score then I will do the BMAT.
chibichibi_xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rid The Kid)
what subjects did you do
At GCSE I did Triple Science, Maths, English Lang + Lit, German, Geography, Computer Science, RS and Further Maths
chibichibi_xx
Rep:
?
Probably volunteering - if you don't have that (like me) then find 1 week in a GP and talk about that more in the interview and personal statement. It's not about the quantity of work experience you have but what you've gained from it.
(Original post by Coolkitkat23)
well done! During a level, what is the best work experience to get for medicine?
Sam snake
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Also what gcse grades did you get?
I don't know yet - I'll wait until my UCAT result and if its a good score then I will do the BMAT.
chibichibi_xx
Rep:
?
German - 9
Maths - 9
Chemistry - 9
English Lit - 9
English lang - 8
Physics - 8
Biology - 8
Computer Science - 7
Geography - 7
Further Maths - A*
RS - 6
(Original post by Sam snake)
Also what gcse grades did you get?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Who do you think will be the next PM?