Wtfff edexcel english lit Watch

Tsquare
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
WTF IS THIS MAN, I WAKE UP AT 4 WATCHED MACBETH ANIMATION, MOVIE AND EVEN LISTENED TO MR BUFFS SONG AND U ASK ME ABOUT A ****ING PORTER

WTFFF

im not english so i actually didnt know what porter meant till after the exam

I HAD TO WAFFLE SOOO MUCH I HONESTLY FEEL BAD FOR MY EXAMINER.
LIKE OUT OF ALL THE MAIN CHARACTER YOU COULD HAVE CHOOSE EDEXEL THEY CHOOSE A ****ING DOOR MAN WHO ONLY IS ONLY MENTION IN ONE ****ING PAGE OOOOMMMMGGGG MY FRUSTRATIONS.

the rest was pretty alright but I SPENT TOO MUCH TIME ON THE FIRST ONE THAT I DIDNT GET TO FINISH. **** YOU EDEXCEL
fh2712
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
LOOOOL same same sameeee..
A Porter, out of allll the bloody characters A PORTER!
I didn't even know there was a porter in Macbeth until today! Absolute nonsense
What's worse is that you could barely write a think cuz you couldn't understand a single word.
I was absolutely fuming.
The teachers were so annoyed as well.
fh2712
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
AQA had it easy! So unfair, the grade boundaries best be low for Edexcel
SWEET_ LEMON
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah I do aqa and it was pretty easy tbh we got asked about how Shakespeare presents Macbeth as a violent character

I’m sorry for you guys truly. I feel you . What was the question that you got ?
(Original post by fh2712)
AQA had it easy! So unfair, the grade boundaries best be low for Edexcel
Tsquare
Rep:
?
LOOOOL same same sameeee..
A Porter, out of allll the bloody characters A PORTER!
I didn't even know there was a porter in Macbeth until today! Absolute nonsense
What's worse is that you could barely write a think cuz you couldn't understand a single word.
I was absolutely fuming.
The teachers were so annoyed as well.
I am literally thanking my stupid decisions because i watched this anime called beelzebub which was about demons so i full on started WAFFFFFFLING nothing in my paragraph makes sense. i was also sitting there thinking about memes man. the man said KNOCK KNOCK WHOS THERE . i was ****ing dying in there
Tsquare
Rep:
?
(Original post by SWEET_ LEMON)
Yeah I do aqa and it was pretty easy tbh we got asked about how Shakespeare presents Macbeth as a violent character

I’m sorry for you guys truly. I feel you . What was the question that you got ?
I REVISED THAT NOT A F U C KING DOORMAN ON SOME UNKOWN SCENE. my teachers were sooo upset and lost. THE SMARTEST KID IM MY cLASS CAME OUT OF THE EXAM HALL WITH THE MOST WTF REACTION I HAVE EVEN SENN U COULD TELL HE WANTED TO MURDER THE PERSON THAT WROTE THIS . btw sry for caps im just pis sed the **** off
fh2712
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The question for Macbeth was:
1) How is the Porter presented in the extract
2) The theme of evil elsewhere in the play
Tsquare
Rep:
?
i literally revised iambic meters, trochee, anadiplosis and every ****ing technique but my mind went blank after the first question. i didnt even get to speak about how inspector goole was significant because he represents angel of death and **** because i was still thinking about the first question while doing the others. i honestly ****ed up and edexcel ****ed up.
Cool2525
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
what extract was it? I do aqa so I was just wondering
fh2712
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It was one I've never seen before and it was about a Porter imagining that the people who were entering through the gates were the gates of hell. Like WTH I had to recheck multiple times to check if it actually doing the Macbeth question that's how bad it was. Sorry i have no idea what exact extract it was.
Tsquare
Rep:
?
Act 2 scene 3
(Original post by Cool2525)
what extract was it? I do aqa so I was just wondering
PORTER

Here’s a knocking indeed! If a man were porter of hell-gate, he should have old turning the key.

PORTER

This is a lot of knocking! Come to think of it, if a man were in charge of opening the gates of hell to let people in, he would have to turn the key a lot.
Knock within
A sound of knocking from offstage.
Knock, knock, knock! Who’s there, i' th' name of Beelzebub? Here’s a farmer that hanged himself on the expectation of plenty. Come in time, have napkins enough about you, here you’ll sweat for ’t.
Knock, knock, knock! (pretending he’s the gatekeeper in hell) Who’s there, in the devil’s name? Maybe it’s a farmer who killed himself because grain was cheap. (talking to the imaginary farmer) You’re here just in time! I hope you brought some handkerchiefs; you’re going to sweat a lot here.
Knock within
Knock, knock! Who’s there, in th' other devil’s name? Faith, here’s an equivocator that could swear in both the scales against either scale, who committed treason enough for God’s sake, yet could not equivocate to heaven. O, come in, equivocator.
Knock, knock! Who’s there, in the other devil’s name? Maybe it’s some slick, two-faced con man who lied under oath. But he found out that you can’t lie to God, and now he’s going to hell for perjury. Come on in, con man.
Knock within
5Knock, knock, knock! Who’s there? Faith, here’s an English tailor come hither for stealing out of a French hose. Come in, tailor. Here you may roast your goose.
Knock, knock, knock! Who’s there? Maybe it’s an English tailor who liked to skimp on the fabric for people’s clothes. But now that tight pants are in fashion he can’t get away with it. Come on in, tailor. You can heat your iron up in here.
Knock within
MACDUFF

Was it so late, friend, ere you went to bed,
That you do lie so late?
MACDUFF

Did you go to bed so late, my friend, that you’re having a hard time getting up now?
PORTER

10'Faith sir, we were carousing till the second ****. And drink, sir, is a great provoker of three things.
PORTER

That’s right sir, we were drinking until 3 A.M., and drink, sir, makes a man do three things.
MACDUFF

What three things does drink especially provoke?
MACDUFF

What three things does drink make a man do?
PORTER

Marry, sir, nose-painting, sleep, and urine. Lechery, sir, it provokes and unprovokes. It provokes the desire, but it takes away the performance. Therefore, much drink may be said to be an equivocator with lechery. It makes him, and it mars him; it sets him on, and it takes him off; it persuades him, and disheartens him; makes him stand to and not stand to; in conclusion, equivocates him in a sleep, and, giving him the lie, leaves him.
PORTER

Drinking turns your nose red, it puts you to sleep, and it makes you urinate. Lust it turns on but also turns off. What I mean is, drinking stimulates desire but hinders performance. Therefore, too much drink is like a con artist when it comes to your sex drive. It sets you up for a fall. It gets you up but it keeps you from getting off. It persuades you and discourages you. It gives you an erection but doesn’t let you keep it, if you see what I’m saying. It makes you dream about erotic experiences, but then it leaves you asleep and needing to pee.
MACDUFF

I believe drink gave thee the lie last night.
fh2712
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hold on I just searched it on SparkNotes It was act 2 scene 3
fh2712
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah, that dumb extract, reading it again makes my blood boil.
Emily Miller
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It was one I've never seen before and it was about a Porter imagining that the people who were entering through the gates were the gates of hell. Like WTH I had to recheck multiple times to check if it actually doing the Macbeth question that's how bad it was. Sorry i have no idea what exact extract it was.
Did that even happen?
So glad I’m with AQA they’ve been nice to us so far x
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
cindayy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tsquare)
I am literally thanking my stupid decisions because i watched this anime called beelzebub which was about demons so i full on started WAFFFFFFLING nothing in my paragraph makes sense. i was also sitting there thinking about memes man. the man said KNOCK KNOCK WHOS THERE . i was ****ing dying in there
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
fh2712
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thats the problem because everyone never knew that that was about Macbeth like who would've known there was a porter in Macbeth like I've never heard of that before if you have then you're just super smart but I never knew that and that really really irritated me because I literally didn't think I was reading the correct extract that's how bad it was.
(Original post by Emily Miller)
Did that even happen?
So glad I’m with AQA they’ve been nice to us so far x
Emily Miller
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Thats the problem because everyone never knew that that was about Macbeth like who would've known there was a porter in Macbeth like I've never heard of that before if you have then you're just super smart but I never knew that and that really really irritated me because I literally didn't think I was reading the correct extract that's how bad it was.
God!! Well at least you we have another exam to achieve a couple (hopefully more) marks xx
Cool2525
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tsquare)
Act 2 scene 3

PORTER

Here’s a knocking indeed! If a man were porter of hell-gate, he should have old turning the key.

PORTER

This is a lot of knocking! Come to think of it, if a man were in charge of opening the gates of hell to let people in, he would have to turn the key a lot.
Knock within
Knock, knock, knock! Who’s there, i' th' name of Beelzebub? Here’s a farmer that hanged himself on the expectation of plenty. Come in time, have napkins enough about you, here you’ll sweat for ’t.
Knock, knock, knock! (pretending he’s the gatekeeper in hell) Who’s there, in the devil’s name? Maybe it’s a farmer who killed himself because grain was cheap. (talking to the imaginary farmer) You’re here just in time! I hope you brought some handkerchiefs; you’re going to sweat a lot here.
Knock within
Knock, knock! Who’s there, in th' other devil’s name? Faith, here’s an equivocator that could swear in both the scales against either scale, who committed treason enough for God’s sake, yet could not equivocate to heaven. O, come in, equivocator.
Knock, knock! Who’s there, in the other devil’s name? Maybe it’s some slick, two-faced con man who lied under oath. But he found out that you can’t lie to God, and now he’s going to hell for perjury. Come on in, con man.
Knock within
5Knock, knock, knock! Who’s there? Faith, here’s an English tailor come hither for stealing out of a French hose. Come in, tailor. Here you may roast your goose.
Knock, knock, knock! Who’s there? Maybe it’s an English tailor who liked to skimp on the fabric for people’s clothes. But now that tight pants are in fashion he can’t get away with it. Come on in, tailor. You can heat your iron up in here.
Knock within
MACDUFF

Was it so late, friend, ere you went to bed,
That you do lie so late?
MACDUFF

Did you go to bed so late, my friend, that you’re having a hard time getting up now?
PORTER

10'Faith sir, we were carousing till the second ****. And drink, sir, is a great provoker of three things.
PORTER

That’s right sir, we were drinking until 3 A.M., and drink, sir, makes a man do three things.
MACDUFF

What three things does drink especially provoke?
MACDUFF

What three things does drink make a man do?
PORTER

Marry, sir, nose-painting, sleep, and urine. Lechery, sir, it provokes and unprovokes. It provokes the desire, but it takes away the performance. Therefore, much drink may be said to be an equivocator with lechery. It makes him, and it mars him; it sets him on, and it takes him off; it persuades him, and disheartens him; makes him stand to and not stand to; in conclusion, equivocates him in a sleep, and, giving him the lie, leaves him.
PORTER

Drinking turns your nose red, it puts you to sleep, and it makes you urinate. Lust it turns on but also turns off. What I mean is, drinking stimulates desire but hinders performance. Therefore, too much drink is like a con artist when it comes to your sex drive. It sets you up for a fall. It gets you up but it keeps you from getting off. It persuades you and discourages you. It gives you an erection but doesn’t let you keep it, if you see what I’m saying. It makes you dream about erotic experiences, but then it leaves you asleep and needing to pee.
MACDUFF

I believe drink gave thee the lie last night.
the porter has ONE PAGE in the whole play I would be FUMING
Cool2525
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
ohhh thanks. WHO writes these exams haha

Hold on I just searched it on SparkNotes It was act 2 scene 3
Makapakloser
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Fousey tube
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (224)
22.88%
The paper was reasonable (441)
45.05%
Not feeling great about that exam... (176)
17.98%
It was TERRIBLE (138)
14.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise