Ocr a level law Watch

hvjv
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
how's everyone finding a level law and does anyone have any predictions of what may come up in any of the papers?
Becca_67
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Finding it impossible to memorize all the content and evaluations.

And I think its impossible to predict as its the 1st year its being sat

Keeping fingers crossed for those blue grade boundaries
DallasJ21
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah prediction wise is very difficult, I suppose you can use the speciman’s and try to eliminate certain topics that way. And evaluations wise, a lot of them you can make up based upon the A01 knowledge, ensure you know the A01 and the evaluation will likely come with that.
(Original post by Becca_67)
Finding it impossible to memorize all the content and evaluations.

And I think its impossible to predict as its the 1st year its being sat

Keeping fingers crossed for those blue grade boundaries
luqman12673863
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DallasJ21)
Yeah prediction wise is very difficult, I suppose you can use the speciman’s and try to eliminate certain topics that way. And evaluations wise, a lot of them you can make up based upon the A01 knowledge, ensure you know the A01 and the evaluation will likely come with that.
I’m literally finding memorising section A so hard and don’t even get me started on paper 1 section b
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DallasJ21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Section A? Section A is only 25% of the paper, you need to concentrate on section B mostly. For the 15 mark evaluation question in section A you should be able to answer those with little revision just from your knowledge of the law. And for section B (crime) i’d advise essay plans and practice questions, practice, practice, practice.
(Original post by luqman12673863)
I’m literally finding memorising section A so hard and don’t even get me started on paper 1 section b
luqman12673863
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Section A? Section A is only 25% of the paper, you need to concentrate on section B mostly. For the 15 mark evaluation question in section A you should be able to answer those with little revision just from your knowledge of the law. And for section B (crime) i’d advise essay plans and practice questions, practice, practice, practice.
Yeah I agree I just hope they aren’t harsh
hvjv
Rep:
?
what is the average grades like at your colleges cause an A/A* is extremely rare at mine
luqman12673863
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by hvjv)
what is the average grades like at your colleges cause an A/A* is extremely rare at mine
They don’t know because it’s a new spec
Becca_67
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The AS exams gave 63% as an A!
(Original post by hvjv)
DallasJ21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A/A* isn’t common at any college/sixth form in the country unless it’s like a top 1% sixth form lmao, most people in my sixth form are at C/D level
(Original post by hvjv)
hvjv
Rep:
?
that's true, wa just asking because legit a lot of people have dropped out of law and most people get U's and E'S
A/A* isn’t common at any college/sixth form in the country unless it’s like a top 1% sixth form lmao, most people in my sixth form are at C/D level
Becca_67
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ours is the same. There is 2 of us working at As and the rest are all at Us or Es
(Original post by hvjv)
that's true, wa just asking because legit a lot of people have dropped out of law and most people get U's and E'S
DallasJ21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah that’s the same, I’m the only one working at an A in my class then there’s is a couple B/C’s and the rest are significantly lower.
Ours is the same. There is 2 of us working at As and the rest are all at Us or Es
luqman12673863
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah that’s the same, I’m the only one working at an A in my class then there’s is a couple B/C’s and the rest are significantly lower.
Same with mines and that’s just topic tests never mind the real thing where you’ve got to learn everything including cases
hvjv
Rep:
?
I doubt the grade boundaries for us will be that lenient
The AS exams gave 63% as an A!
hvjv
Rep:
?
how do you revise for law and learning content, and how many hours of law do you do each day
DallasJ21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Just the creation of essay plans and practice essays really, and I don’t have a certain amount I do a day really, it’s just whatever I chose to do on that time period, in a week probably about 8-10 hours. Just make sure you know your A01 and you’ll do well.
(Original post by hvjv)
how do you revise for law and learning content, and how many hours of law do you do each day
Becca_67
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Has anyone got any reforms for consent ?
Scorkin123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Anyone know how to answer nature of law questions we got one today on balancing conflciting interests and have no idea how to answer them at all
hvjv
Rep:
?
law commission consultation paper no.139 of 1995 discussed whether an objective element should be added in cases of mistaken consent so that It would only be a defence if a) it would not have been obvious to a reasonable person in his or her position that the other person did not consent, or b) he or she was not capable of appreciating that the other person did not consent.
Has anyone got any reforms for consent ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (209)
22.69%
The paper was reasonable (416)
45.17%
Not feeling great about that exam... (172)
18.68%
It was TERRIBLE (124)
13.46%

Watched Threads