The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Help: warwick's condition?

Warwick: MSc in Finance conditional offer
Edinburgh: MSc in Finance and Investment unconditional offer

Warwick's condition given is such that I have to achieve 7 points in the
IELTS test. If I do not achieve this scroe, the univeristy reserve the right or recommend that I re-sit or attend university of warwick pre-sessional course.So far, I got overall 6.5 with Listening6.5 Reading6.5 Writing6 and Speaking6.5.

I asked the Admin, she told me that they will not decide any further course of action until they have received the documents. However, I am afriad that the Admissions Panel would withdraw my offer immediately once I submit my score. The univerisity made a large number of offers for this programme this year.

So, do I have a chance to take 5 weeks pre-sessional course? and what's the pass rate for this course?

PS:if the pass rate is quite low, then better for me to choose Edinburgh instead of Warwick.
Reply 1
According to http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/al/learning_english/presessional, your department decide whether you need to be examined at the end of the presessional course. It's entirely possible that they won't need you to be examined? Just ask them and see.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
your english is fine imo my seminar tutor speaks disgustingly bad english and he's on a masters in the econ dept, i think you should speak with them because they seem outrageously flexible from my experience...