French speaking exam - how bad did I do? Watch

bonjour12345
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
hey,
I've been lurking for a while but just made an account at last...

anyway I had my french speaking exam on monday (doing edexcel as french) and it went terrible

what I'm wondering is, is it possible to get an A even if you fail the speaking exam?
The embarrassing thing is that I lived in france for years and could speak it really well, but during the exam I couldn't answer a question, panicked, and that was the beginning of the end. I messed up the summary of the statement they gave right from the start (well to be fair I paused for a couple of seconds and the examiner went on so it wasn't 100% my fault, I had one other thing to say but still I should have planned what I wanted to say better) and didn't know much about the topic so just waffled through without having much evidence to provide a judgement or whatever they ask for . At least the second task went better but I still waffled too much and was a bit panicked from the first task. At one point I completely went blank and didn't say anything for like ten seconds

The two written papers won't be much of a problem... hopefully... they're later on this month.

I had a look at the syllabus and grade boundaries... its beyond me how they work it out because none of the UMS or raw marks match the syllabus... so that wasn't much help. Sorry if I'm being daft but can anyone else figure it out?

If I get something like twenty marks on the speaking paper (out of the 72) how well do I need to do on the other two papers to get an A? I mean, a B wouldn't be the end of the world but its embarrassing considering I lived in france for several years.
Last edited by bonjour12345; 5 days ago
ririroo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I think you'll be fine tbh, speaking grade boundaries are probably super low cos that's the one everyone does worst in. It's only 25% of ur grade, so if u do really well in ur other exams I reckon it'll be absolutely fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (195)
22.49%
The paper was reasonable (364)
41.98%
Not feeling great about that exam... (169)
19.49%
It was TERRIBLE (139)
16.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed