English Literature Edexcel 2019 Macbeth & AIC Watch

Anusha1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
How did everyone find the exam?
I only wrote 3 paragraphs for part A (and third was SO bad)
No idea who Porter was or what he was saying so just guessed.
First paragraph- semantic field of religion. Nouns such as ‘heaven’ and ‘hell’ which juxtapose to reflect the Porters moral compass
Second paragraph- frustrated tone towards Macbeth. Periphrases used with the dash which gives extra information and adds to his frustrated tone. Hyperbolic in a way which creates humour. ‘Gods sake’ ambiguity has been used as it can show he’s again frustrated or add to field of religion to show he is constantly aware or morals etc.
Third paragraphs- presented being on good terms with Macduff😂😂(didn’t know what to write) Macduff refers to him as ‘friend’ and I said question mark creates a conversational friendly tone lol. Audience can un tense and take a break from violence.
What do u think🥴
Section B
Paragraph 1- lady Macbeth is a Machiavellian villain. The one point I’m happy about that I made is how I said ‘some historians have argued that when a women independently ruled, anxieties would rise that females would gain influence and power which would lead to sterner penalties for witches. It can be argued that Shakespeare is suggesting the rise of power in women as 3 years before he wrote Macbeth Elizabeth ruled. Lady Macbeth ends up switching from being powerful to committing suicide. As she is seen as the fourth witch, arguably this can be seen as the her penalty (death). Talked about other stuff to do with her. Very chunky paragraph.
Paragraph 2- Macbeth’s evil actions cause consequences. Hamartia of Ambition is unchecked by morality. Cause acts of tyranny. Not only lead to his down fall but consequences for country too. Nature responds.
Paragraph 3- Banquo lack of evil (sounds stupid but I had valid points lmao)
Paragraph 4- the witches (not so good paragraph)

I really want a 9 but doubt it lol.
JosephE1230
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Well, what you've said sure sounds like a high grade answer to me! Aha, I wrote about the semantic field and that LM is a machiavellian villainness and some other stuff tooI'm sure what you've written will do well
anusha101
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Thank you!! Good luck for paper 2
(Original post by JosephE1230)
Well, what you've said sure sounds like a high grade answer to me! Aha, I wrote about the semantic field and that LM is a machiavellian villainness and some other stuff tooI'm sure what you've written will do well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (391)
26%
The paper was reasonable (650)
43.22%
Not feeling great about that exam (300)
19.95%
It was TERRIBLE (163)
10.84%

Watched Threads