The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
Anyone got any potential questions or help they would like to give me? i think its a hard paper aahhh
Im taking it too and i cant wait to get it over with! My previous business modules have all been A's but
...i dont think that this one will be!!
Reply 5
Yeah same, cos my AS exams were so erratic. I got an A, D and a U. how random is that? i retook the D in jan, and got another A. Im resitting both thematic and strategy from january too cos i got poor grades and I need a B to get into Uni.

Anyway... I'm finding this paper hard because there is so much that can be said about it. I'm also findng it confusing whether Lateef should close the packaging plant (which to me seems like a good idea) or about bringing in the agency and foreigners. Anyone got any thoughts? They just seem so far apart and even contradict from eachother.:argh:
I know what you mean!! I think that the most pratical thing Lateef can do is either try and negotiate a 5% price rise which would really help ACC in light of the rising energy costs or he should incur the legal fees and bad press and outsource the packaging.

Then you can argue that in the spare capacity they can produce other dairy products or cheeses or something like that.

If you want I have a spreadsheet that is really useful in helping you see the change in packaging prices throughout the year per kg and also what happens if certain prices change by certain percentages. Drop me your email and I'll send it! :smile:
Reply 7
Does any1 else have the ATP case study analysis? I do! Its really good at highlighting key revision areas that they think are most likely to come up! Its really good...but im still not sure how teh exam is gunna go...there are so many areas that there could be questions on!!
Reply 8
Hi, can u please email me the spreadsheet? I'll PM u my email as this exam is hard!
Reply 9
What do you mean by a 5% rise? sorry im prob just being silly! And i have the APT thing, it is good, i wldnt be able to cope without it but it still makes things complicated

What feelings are people getting from the renewable energy idea? I did have an idea, but then I got really confused. are they saying that if they bought it for £300k PLUS the £200k energy bill, in that first year they would be spending £500k, and then be saving 10%, but only on the £200k???... ohhh im so confused! can you tell im a girl? lol

why do i have to be so poo... im taking this at uni aswell. LOL
Reply 10
This is on wednesday which is a bitch.

Well Its just about having a justified judgement which gets you high marks.
I am doing practice questions and reading APT and see how it goes.
The case says that potentially energy costs could rise by up to 45% if they do not purhcase the new equipment. So if they do, although it will save them a bit of money the actual cost of the purhcase will be extremly high and will dramatically affect the ROCE of 5%.

What I meant by the 5% increase was that if ACC were to increase the price £3.90 per kg that they already sell by 5% to £4.10 per kg that sales revenue will increase up to £7,002,450 (from 6,669,000) so you can see that a small increase in price can really affect the revenue.

However, two points against this are the PED of the Stilton whether a price rise will lead to a substaintial decrease in demand. And also the willingness of the supermarkets and wholesalers to pay this extra £0.20 on each kg bought.

Hope this helps, any other problems il try my best to help with, i kinda understand this now and Im fairly confident with the numbers!
My teacher is a genius as he's got a 100% track record of predicting questions. He sent me and everyone in my year resitting the following email:

Having looked carefully at the paper and previous papers and papers already taken in the June session, I think it is fairly safe to assume that this paper is going to be far more predictable than was the case in January.

You can expect a question about FOUR of the following:

1. Should ACC sell its packaging department?

2. Evaluate Lateef’s proposals for increasing ACC’s income

3. How might ACC reduce their rising energy costs. (this uses Table 1)

4. How successful is ACC – this will probably be linked to stakeholders because there has not been a stakeholder question on either of the AS pre-release exams taken by lower sixth last week. (This uses Fig 1 and Table 2)

5. There must be a question to do with the industrial relations problems at ACC and the threat of industrial action

Therefore, 5. WILL come up and any of the other 3 suggested.
I hope this helps
Yeah that sounds about right, they focus on the main areas dont they.

By the end of this exam I want to find this Lateef guy and punch him. lol
adamtaylor18
Yeah that sounds about right, they focus on the main areas dont they.

By the end of this exam I want to find this Lateef guy and punch him. lol

Ditto lol :biggrin:
It's on the same day as my english lit as well :eek:
Reply 15
xXx Eloise
My teacher is a genius as he's got a 100% track record of predicting questions. He sent me and everyone in my year resitting the following email:

Having looked carefully at the paper and previous papers and papers already taken in the June session, I think it is fairly safe to assume that this paper is going to be far more predictable than was the case in January.

You can expect a question about FOUR of the following:

1. Should ACC sell its packaging department?

2. Evaluate Lateef’s proposals for increasing ACC’s income

3. How might ACC reduce their rising energy costs. (this uses Table 1)

4. How successful is ACC this will probably be linked to stakeholders because there has not been a stakeholder question on either of the AS pre-release exams taken by lower sixth last week. (This uses Fig 1 and Table 2)

5. There must be a question to do with the industrial relations problems at ACC and the threat of industrial action

Therefore, 5. WILL come up and any of the other 3 suggested.
I hope this helps

Thanks for that.
Hope they do, im going to try and do as many practice questions to build my skills up.
Reply 16
this mite be a really stupid suggestion but why cant ACC just negotiate another contract for the electricity with the current supplier or look for cheaper suppliers? the change to renewable energy doesn't really have such a large impact on the business and it only makes up about 3% of total costs.
Sorry if its a stupid suggestion...
No i wouldnt say its a stupid suggestion - its legitimate. The main reason for the cost of the new energy is that it is renewable and 'green' energy i.e. it comes from wind generators. Therefore Lateef thinks that this added 'green bonus' will improve company image and increase sales.

Its a bit of a strange one though becuase I doubt the extent of how much the 'green status' will influence sales.

I still think that the main issue for ACC is the signifcant 'Other Costs' on table 1 which is the 15% of the total costs - its so ridicuously high and we dont have any idea what it is being spent on. (Maybe its for an OAM party)

Any other ideas?
kazss11
Thanks for that.
Hope they do, im going to try and do as many practice questions to build my skills up.

Your welcome. 4 out of 5 of those questions are guaranteed to come up so just concentrate of those areas. My teacher also sent model answers for each one but I don't know how to upload them on here lol :rolleyes:
PLEASEEEEEE can copy and paste the model answers that would be really helpful!

Latest

Trending

Trending