English literature Paper 1 : Romeo and Juliet / Dr Jekyll and Hyde Watch

Eviegen
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I just did my essays today for this and I’m aiming for at least a grade 7.
Does anyone now how many references to other scenes/ chapters is needed to achieve grade 7 or higher?
I only made one other reference in Romeo and Juliet and two other references is in Jekyll and hyde but I went into a lot of detail for them all.
Nataliexoxo14
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
same aswel. i spoke about ape like fury, darwins theory and the quotation about the rats saying that rats are pests and were an unwantable creature.
(Original post by Eviegen)
I just did my essays today for this and I’m aiming for at least a grade 7.
Does anyone now how many references to other scenes/ chapters is needed to achieve grade 7 or higher?
I only made one other reference in Romeo and Juliet and two other references is in Jekyll and hyde but I went into a lot of detail for them all.
Eviegen
Rep:
?
Yeah I wrote something similar to the rat quotation and I used the quote ‘shrank back with a hissing intake’ not sure if I should’ve made more references though😬
(Original post by Nataliexoxo14)
same aswel. i spoke about ape like fury, darwins theory and the quotation about the rats saying that rats are pests and were an unwantable creature.
millykate
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i did 'ape like fury'-dawin 'satans signature upon his face' and 'trampled camly' - Aiming for a grade 5
millykate
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i wrote about rats having a disease on the as that was very popular in vicotrian times

Yeah I wrote something similar to the rat quotation and I used the quote ‘shrank back with a hissing intake’ not sure if I should’ve made more references though😬
Larissa Berry
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i used the rat quotes as a reference to the poor and how stevenson lived in the new ‘new’ town of edinburgh and he was making a statement about the poor and how the divide needed to be sealed.
Eviegen
Rep:
?
That’s a good interpretation, how many other quotes did you talk about in other chapters?
(Original post by Larissa Berry)
i used the rat quotes as a reference to the poor and how stevenson lived in the new ‘new’ town of edinburgh and he was making a statement about the poor and how the divide needed to be sealed.
rcook03
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
We were told for highest grades you need a judicious range so I did about four with analysis for each paragraph
That’s a good interpretation, how many other quotes did you talk about in other chapters?
Larissa Berry
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
my overall argument was that hyde wasn’t at fault for lanyon and jekyll’s death- it was society’s. i used authors quotes not from the novella like how he ‘convulsed with agony’ after hearing fables of disturbing men as a child and that alludes to the idea that he wouldn’t have induced that on the reader if he didn’t have an important message to establish, since they were mostly sheltered victorian people of higher stature. also how hyde is a product of suppressing inner desires, how jekyll ‘concealed [his] pleasures’ and his ‘lust for evil was gratified’. also his setting and house, so ‘windowless structure’ and how jekyll’s house that was at the front of his was the antithesis of his that was ‘blistered and disdained’; i linked that contextually to William Hare and Burke and their killing and selling of bodies to a well known surgeon through his back door to aid scientific discovery. how he kills rich people to make yet another statement about rich and poor divide and how he uses extreme events to get through to the audience and allow the audience to sympathise with hyde’s rage.
Eviegen
Rep:
?
Thanks 🙌
Eviegen
Rep:
?
Oh okayy ty
(Original post by rcook03)
We were told for highest grades you need a judicious range so I did about four with analysis for each paragraph
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (202)
22.54%
The paper was reasonable (405)
45.2%
Not feeling great about that exam... (168)
18.75%
It was TERRIBLE (121)
13.5%

Watched Threads