Piercing hurt when changing Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
So I changed my earrings for the first time today and my right ear there was absolutely no problem with changing it the piercing came out easily and the new one went back in easily but the left piercing came out easily also but when putting the new earring in the hole really hurt and it wouldn’t go through it was almost at though my ear was pierced at an angle. Not only this but it also started bleeding when I finally got it in. Has anyone experienced this
ParadoxSocks
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I changed my earrings for the first time today and my right ear there was absolutely no problem with changing it the piercing came out easily and the new one went back in easily but the left piercing came out easily also but when putting the new earring in the hole really hurt and it wouldn’t go through it was almost at though my ear was pierced at an angle. Not only this but it also started bleeding when I finally got it in. Has anyone experienced this
How was it pierced and how long has it had to heal?

There's every chance it was pierced at an angle but there's also a very real possibility that you've changed your earrings too soon and reopened the wound.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by ParadoxSocks)
How was it pierced and how long has it had to heal?

There's every chance it was pierced at an angle but there's also a very real possibility that you've changed your earrings too soon and reopened the wound.
I only got it done at Claire’s because it was kinda a spare of the moment kinda thing but I was told that using their solution I could change it after three weeks which I know is short but I thought well hey if they are saying you can do it then surely you can because they can’t exactly be telling thousands of people everyday they can do it if they can’t. I know they haven’t been infected because because my ears have shown no sign of infection and I work in a hospital as a Health Care Support Worker so I know what infections can look like so I know it’s not that.
ParadoxSocks
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I only got it done at Claire’s because it was kinda a spare of the moment kinda thing but I was told that using their solution I could change it after three weeks which I know is short but I thought well hey if they are saying you can do it then surely you can because they can’t exactly be telling thousands of people everyday they can do it if they can’t. I know they haven’t been infected because because my ears have shown no sign of infection and I work in a hospital as a Health Care Support Worker so I know what infections can look like so I know it’s not that.
At Claire's they use a gun that essentially slams a piece of blunt metal through your ear. As you're probably realising now, that's a bit of a bad idea for a variety of reasons. First, they can't actually ensure the cleanliness of anything - the gun itself may have been disposable, but they're usually not, but there are all sorts of nasties from getting pierced in a shop that can be walked in by anyone. The person that pierced your ears will have very minimal training so they're not exactly known for being the cleanest or most sterile option. Infection control is minimal too so just keep an eye out for the signs of infection too.

Their magic solution is incredibly bad for healing - swap over to sea salt soaks, otherwise leave your ear alone. You've probably reopened the wound by changing way too early. On top of that guns aren't known for being a precise piercing tool so you may very well have a wonky piercing internally. They also don't use the highest quality materials and you could be having a minor irritation from that. There's a healing system that just relies on leaving it completely alone, so that might be an idea?

Essentially they're not the best place for a piercing. Next to get them done with a needle, which will be incredibly sharp and move through your ear with very little pain. They also take out a tiny smidge of flesh so that you don't have that weird pressure pain too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (41)
5.69%
Fairly positive (239)
33.15%
Just another year... (286)
39.67%
Is it 2020 yet? (155)
21.5%

Watched Threads