GCSE aqa English Lit paper 1 Watch

allenslegacy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
do you have to use the extract when answering the question? so like do you have to include quotes from the extract in your answer or can you just completely disregard the extract?
failingGCSES101
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
its recommend that you use the extract as it says it in the question but I'm sure if you've used sufficient evidence from other parts of the play it done but you won't get all the marks

(Original post by allenslegacy)
do you have to use the extract when answering the question? so like do you have to include quotes from the extract in your answer or can you just completely disregard the extract?
AbbasGG8
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
obviously if it says you must refer to the extract then you must refer to the extract...
Wonyo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
the bullet points do say that you have to present your ideas in regards to that extract and the rest of the novella/play, however it doesn’t say how much you need to use, so as long as you’ve referenced it a decent amount you’re fine
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
allenslegacy
Rep:
?
(Original post by abbasgg8)
obviously if it says you must refer to the extract then you must refer to the extract...
im so dumb omg i thought we didnt need to use it so i just talked about other things oh my god
allenslegacy
Rep:
?
I literally didn't reference it at all for section B oh my god im so dumb I thought I was being smart by using my own quotes but obviously not
(Original post by Wonyo)
the bullet points do say that you have to present your ideas in regards to that extract and the rest of the novella/play, however it doesn’t say how much you need to use, so as long as you’ve referenced it a decent amount you’re fine
allenslegacy
Rep:
?
wait, I kinda did reference the extract but I didn't write like "this quote from the extract" or anything like that. I just portrayed some of the views that can be observed when reading the extract, but I linked them to other parts of the play instead of the extract. honestly I was just being dumb and I cant believe I did that. ugh.
(Original post by allenslegacy)
I literally didn't reference it at all for section B oh my god im so dumb I thought I was being smart by using my own quotes but obviously not
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (391)
26%
The paper was reasonable (650)
43.22%
Not feeling great about that exam (300)
19.95%
It was TERRIBLE (163)
10.84%

Watched Threads