The Student Room Group

OCR AS Maths Paper 1 discussion

I tried to find a discussion for this paper but it hasn't been made so I thought I'd create it. I didn't find it bad at all really, could've been a lot worse.
Is this the stats paper?
Yes it is
Any ideas as to what topics the pure missed out?
I don’t know what you mean
How was your stats? I do MEI so we do mech first, but stats is next week. Did anything unusual or unexpected come up? Running out of revision resources for it and have worked through every exam board paper.

On the same note, anyone wanna recommend any revision resources? Crashmaths did a ten day countdown worksheet a day thing, which was very helpful (would recommend a look!).
Ohhh I forgot MEI existed lmao. No nothing unusual, the questions were quite repetitive to what you would usually see, polynomial division, stationary points, exponential graphs as a disguised quadratic. Just a stupid question where there was a triangle and the length was the diameter of a circle. Then you had to calculate x (the length) which was so bizarre. They gave you 8 marks at the beginning to differentiate and integrate, easy 8 marks.
I think I got the triangle one. Had to realise angle in a semi circle is 90° no?

And I mean what pure topics didn’t come up.
How did people find the OCR MEI as paper?
I have an internal mock exam that will be similar to an OCR exam paper does anyone know where I can access some hard C1 C2 questions

Quick Reply

Latest