Second degree funding for diagnostic radiography Watch

lydiaravenscroft
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have an undergraduate degree in Psychology, in which I graduated in the summer of 2018. I got the full loan for that (tuition fees, maintenance grant and loan) and also had to complete a foundation year so had loans and a grant for that too. I am also currently completing an MSc in Brain Imaging and Cognitive Neuroscience which is also funded by student finance.

After time in my masters I have become interested in making a career of radiography, and have seen student finance can fund second degrees within limited healthcare professions. While I'm pretty certain this is the case for BSc Diagnostic Radiography (I've seen a few posts on here discussing it) I'm unsure if I would be eligible because of loaning for my foundation year and masters.

Basically, I'm wondering if loaning for my foundation year and masters will stop me able to get funding for a second degree.

Any help would be great!
Thanks
Erin SFE
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by lydiaravenscroft)
I have an undergraduate degree in Psychology, in which I graduated in the summer of 2018. I got the full loan for that (tuition fees, maintenance grant and loan) and also had to complete a foundation year so had loans and a grant for that too. I am also currently completing an MSc in Brain Imaging and Cognitive Neuroscience which is also funded by student finance.

After time in my masters I have become interested in making a career of radiography, and have seen student finance can fund second degrees within limited healthcare professions. While I'm pretty certain this is the case for BSc Diagnostic Radiography (I've seen a few posts on here discussing it) I'm unsure if I would be eligible because of loaning for my foundation year and masters.

Basically, I'm wondering if loaning for my foundation year and masters will stop me able to get funding for a second degree.

Any help would be great!
Thanks
Hi there,

As the course you are looking to study is classed as an exception course we would not take into account any of your previous study. You are able to apply for a Maintenance Loan and Tuition Fee Loan.

Thanks, Erin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (209)
22.69%
The paper was reasonable (416)
45.17%
Not feeling great about that exam... (172)
18.68%
It was TERRIBLE (124)
13.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise