Have I got the offer or not? Watch

tomlft
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
We are pleased to inform you that, following your interview for a place on the Graphene Technology doctoral training programme, the Graphene Technology CDT will now be recommending to the Department of Engineering that you be offered a place. This recommendation will be considered by the Department and by its Degree Committee; their decision should be visible on your CamSIS self-service account in the near future.
If our recommendation is accepted by the Department and Degree Committee, it will then fall to the University’s Board of Graduate Studies to consider your application. The Board will then provide a final, official decision. If you are given an offer, then you will also be informed of any conditions attached to that offer. Please note that any offer will be subject to you raising full funding for the entire duration of the course.
We’d like to offer our congratulations on your successfully passing the interview stage, and we hope to see you when the course starts in October 2019.
PetitePanda
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think so because you got a recommendation which was approved but then they say they hope to see you starting the course so idk. I guess if you’re worried, you can wait for the conditions of that offer
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by PetitePanda; 1 week ago
threeportdrift
  • Careers Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tomlft)
No you haven't got an offer, but you probably will get an offer in about 3 weeks time.
PhoenixFortune
  • Universities Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tomlft)
We are pleased to inform you that, following your interview for a place on the Graphene Technology doctoral training programme, the Graphene Technology CDT will now be recommending to the Department of Engineering that you be offered a place. This recommendation will be considered by the Department and by its Degree Committee; their decision should be visible on your CamSIS self-service account in the near future.
If our recommendation is accepted by the Department and Degree Committee, it will then fall to the University’s Board of Graduate Studies to consider your application. The Board will then provide a final, official decision. If you are given an offer, then you will also be informed of any conditions attached to that offer. Please note that any offer will be subject to you raising full funding for the entire duration of the course.
We’d like to offer our congratulations on your successfully passing the interview stage, and we hope to see you when the course starts in October 2019.
It sounds as though you've been nominated for an offer, but are yet to receive one (but you are likely to soon). Basically, it's not confirmed until you explicitly have an offer, as they are currently still considering you.
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They do nomination, recommendations, considerations.

A lot of mumbo jumbo.

Basically, you don't have an offer till "the Board" gives you one.
ac21920
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hey tomlft,I got onto the same course and had received the same email a few weeks back! The official letter took 2 weeks to arrive, but from what I heard, that's because there are quite a few administrative procedures to go through!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (206)
22.59%
The paper was reasonable (413)
45.29%
Not feeling great about that exam... (170)
18.64%
It was TERRIBLE (123)
13.49%

Watched Threads