Questions for A level students Watch

dberrington
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Currently in Y11 sitting my GCSEs and procrastinating revising by researching A levels. I have a few questions I would love some answers for please!
1. How many hours of revision / independent study should I do every day? I am planning on doing 3 A levels and want at least AAB
2. Do you prefer them to GCSEs? Obviously they're harder but it's subjects you (hopefully) enjoy so does that make them better?
3. What's your favourite and least favourite things about A Levels?
4. Out of these four options which three should I do? Politics (100%), economics, sociology or English Literature
5. From your experience, do bad GCSE results generally mean bad A level results?
Thanks!
Decoder
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
1. 4 to 5 hours a day at home and the rest of the hours you can do at school maybe completing hwk in your free study periods. But definitely get some breaks and dont force yourself - if you feel like you cba then skip that day but dont do that consistently.

2. I chose the subjects I love - Physics. I thought I'll ace it or get at least a B. Problem is, I didn't start early and was too confident. Start as early as possible but yh go with subjects your passionate about.

3. Favourite - The fact that I actually made it to 6th form and I'm superior over everyone else in the school. And you get lots of free lessons. And you dont have to do lessons you hate - I hated Spanish and English.

4. Depends what you wanna do in ur future. Research universities and what their requirements are.

Hope it helped!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Decoder
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Oh and least favourite - Challenging and get lots of hwk and tests to do. Also you may get tired of too much revision. Questions are so much harder - massive jump from GCSE to A levels and it's the hardest level of education you'll come across in your life.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (193)
22.47%
The paper was reasonable (360)
41.91%
Not feeling great about that exam... (168)
19.56%
It was TERRIBLE (138)
16.07%

Watched Threads