Want to go on work experience but parents aren't allowing me.. Watch

MydaMina
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I recently got a confirmation email today about going to a law firm for work experience at a firm which is roughly 1-1.5 hours away from where I live. I’m in Year 12, and I have been searching for an incredibly long time to find work experience at law firms in my area but there were none. Now, I’ve told my dad, and he is hesitating in how he is going to take me up there for 1 week, as he has work. Luckily my law work experience is in the summer so the roads will be less crowded, (although it is during rush hours), however my dad isn’t being helpful, and he’s saying tell them to email the work to you instead, which is ridiculous. Work experience cannot be emailed, as I have to go there and experience in the chambers myself.
I don’t know what to do, any help…?
Megxn0
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You could find out about buses or a train that goes to that area?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
MydaMina
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I would go on the buses and trains, but one that is just putting the costs higher (considering I have to travel and return) and two I have to be there at a specific time (9:30am-4pm), meaning traffic. Not saying that with a car they'll be less traffic, but still.
(Original post by Megxn0)
You could find out about buses or a train that goes to that area?
MediterraneanX
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It would probably work out cheaper for you to stay in a cheap B&B. I think expecting your parents to drive you is a bit ridiculous - they have their own commute to worry about. Either get the train (which will be far more reliable in traffic than driving) using a railcard and booking in advance, or stay in cheap B&B/Air B&B.
Last edited by MediterraneanX; 1 week ago
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by MydaMina)
I recently got a confirmation email today about going to a law firm for work experience at a firm which is roughly 1-1.5 hours away from where I live. I’m in Year 12, and I have been searching for an incredibly long time to find work experience at law firms in my area but there were none. Now, I’ve told my dad, and he is hesitating in how he is going to take me up there for 1 week, as he has work. Luckily my law work experience is in the summer so the roads will be less crowded, (although it is during rush hours), however my dad isn’t being helpful, and he’s saying tell them to email the work to you instead, which is ridiculous. Work experience cannot be emailed, as I have to go there and experience in the chambers myself.
I don’t know what to do, any help…?
By year 12 you should be capable of travelling on your own on public transport and not relying on your parents giving you lifts.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (221)
22.83%
The paper was reasonable (436)
45.04%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
17.98%
It was TERRIBLE (137)
14.15%

Watched Threads