One week raise english literature grade Watch

GoldenShade
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hello, I have my english literature a level paper 1 next Thursday. I am currently on a B grade hitting 17's on my essays (occasional 18s). An A grade is 19/25. Do you think I can bring my grade up in a week?
My main issues are struggling to think of ideas for essays under exam conditions, lack of time and not sounding 'pretentious' enough when writing.
Thanks.
bfm.mcdermott
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Absolutely!
Read exemplar essays and examiner reports from the exam board's website. I found that really useful.
Make sure you know you key terms, and are gaining all the SPAG marks (they're the easiest marks to gain usually to try to get them all).
Also read the spec and make sure you know what is being tested on each question - i.e. do they want word-level analysis, or are they just focused on themes/characters/etc. Don't waste time doing things which aren't rewarded with marks.
MinaBee
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by GoldenShade)
Hello, I have my english literature a level paper 1 next Thursday. I am currently on a B grade hitting 17's on my essays (occasional 18s). An A grade is 19/25. Do you think I can bring my grade up in a week?
My main issues are struggling to think of ideas for essays under exam conditions, lack of time and not sounding 'pretentious' enough when writing.
Thanks.
It might be a good idea to prepare essay plans too. You could make one for the questions you think are likely to come up so when you're in the exam you won't have to waste time thinking about what to write.

Good luck!
GoldenShade
Rep:
?
That is exactly what I'm going to do. Thank you so much for your help, I surprisingly never thought of actually thoroughly reading through the specification.
(Original post by bfm.mcdermott)
Absolutely!
Read exemplar essays and examiner reports from the exam board's website. I found that really useful.
Make sure you know you key terms, and are gaining all the SPAG marks (they're the easiest marks to gain usually to try to get them all).
Also read the spec and make sure you know what is being tested on each question - i.e. do they want word-level analysis, or are they just focused on themes/characters/etc. Don't waste time doing things which aren't rewarded with marks.
GoldenShade
Rep:
?
Yes, that is definitely what I need to be doing. Thank you!
(Original post by MinaBee)
It might be a good idea to prepare essay plans too. You could make one for the questions you think are likely to come up so when you're in the exam you won't have to waste time thinking about what to write.

Good luck!
MinaBee
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by GoldenShade)
Yes, that is definitely what I need to be doing. Thank you!
You're welcome! I hope the exam goes well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (386)
26.01%
The paper was reasonable (640)
43.13%
Not feeling great about that exam (295)
19.88%
It was TERRIBLE (163)
10.98%

Watched Threads