(Original post by Fhhdndjdj)
Hi Labrador how did you find the physics exam x
I didn't sit it, or not this year at least
angee567488
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think 12 is D, i asked my physics teacher and they said 12 was D.
NamiBread
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I got D too, I think it's because the voltage is the same at both points in the parallel resistors so the voltage would split between V1 and V2 and V3 but V3 and V2 are equal so it would be the same as setting up one voltmeter. V1 + V2 = Vs. sorry I hope I don'y confuse you more.
(Original post by Strelzo)
How do you get D?
Strelzo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by NamiBread)
I got D too, I think it's because the voltage is the same at both points in the parallel resistors so the voltage would split between V1 and V2 and V3 but V3 and V2 are equal so it would be the same as setting up one voltmeter. V1 + V2 = Vs. sorry I hope I don'y confuse you more.
I just thought that it split up randomly when it reached the first parallel circuit (splitting into two sections before getting to the parallel circuits for each resistor)
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Youse are all getting D, so updated the answer.
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Live and learn, I’ve got over 95% in all my physics tests this year I’m hoping for an A but cheeks crossed x
"live and learn"; couldn't have said it better myself :thumbsup:.
Strelzo
Rep:
?
And thanks for the follow beth1709, returned it.
beth1709
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
And thanks for the follow beth1709, returned it.
No probs, thanks for posting that x
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
NamiBread
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I just thought that it split up randomly when it reached the first parallel circuit (splitting into two sections before getting to the parallel circuits for each resistor)
It spilts randomly between two resistors in series. so the parallel branch can be considered one resistor in series with the other one. Whereas in parallel, voltage is the same at all points so V2=V3 but its not been spilt its the same. since its the same the voltage across V2 could be considered the voltage if there was only one resistor in series with V1. so V1 and V2 could be in series and add up to Vs
Strelzo
Rep:
?
It spilts randomly between two resistors in series. so the parallel branch can be considered one resistor in series with the other one. Whereas in parallel, voltage is the same at all points so V2=V3 but its not been spilt its the same. since its the same the voltage across V2 could be considered the voltage if there was only one resistor in series with V1. so V1 and V2 could be in series and add up to Vs
You're probably right, electricity is my worst topic across all subjects; pain in the ass. Just don't understand it very well; even with the explanation you've just given me. There's a whole subject called "electronics" don't see why they don't just leave it in there, instead of tying it in with Physics.

Anyways (thinking positive), as far as I'm aware I've got 22/25 in the multiple choice, so here's hoping my unlooked-over section 2 paper is enough to get me an A lol. I'm actually crapping myself, still in awe at misinterpreting the time...
beth1709
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You're probably right, electricity is my worst topic across all subjects; pain in the ass. Just don't understand it very well. There's a whole subject called "electronics" don't see why they don't just leave it in there, instead of tying it in with Physics.

Anyways (thinking positive), as far as I'm aware I've got 22/25 in the multiple choice, so here's hoping my unlooked-over section 2 paper is enough to get me an A lol. I'm actually crapping myself, still in awe at misinterpreting the time...
I’m sure you’ll have done fine, you have your assignment too so I wouldn’t worry
Max.richards
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
But in this circuit vs=v1 + v2 + v3 so I got a because only the second statement was right or am I just wrong ?

In a series circuit vs=v1+v2 in parallel voltage is the same at every point
NamiBread
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you've probably done great, I wouldn't worry about it so much. If you can identify your mistakes you probably know how to improve and know for next time. I honestly found the whole paper *******s so I'm sure many others did too, lowing grade boundaries.
You're probably right, electricity is my worst topic across all subjects; pain in the ass. Just don't understand it very well; even with the explanation you've just given me. There's a whole subject called "electronics" don't see why they don't just leave it in there, instead of tying it in with Physics.

NamiBread
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
In this circuit I dont think it does because V2 and V3 are in parallel.

(Original post by Max.richards)
But in this circuit vs=v1 + v2 + v3 so I got a because only the second statement was right or am I just wrong ?
Max.richards
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you've probably done great, I wouldn't worry about it so much. If you can identify your mistakes you probably know how to improve and know for next time. I honestly found the whole paper *******s so I'm sure many others did too, lowing grade boundaries.
In this circuit I dont think it does because V2 and V3 are in parallel
Oh yeah but then it wouldn’t equal v1 plus v2 anyway so I’m still confindent that it is a
Strelzo
Rep:
?
(Original post by beth1709)
I’m sure you’ll have done fine, you have your assignment too so I wouldn’t worry
Yeh, the assignment was easy, I'm hoping for full marks in that; as I'm sure a lot of people are too. Overall, that gives me like 2 more marks extra to ensure I stay at my dedicated grade.
It's not necessarily mistakes, it's just confusion in times. Our school, for some reason, doesn't announce what time the exam finishes either, which is ridiculous. And true, grade boundaries can be lowered as well, so that does give more space.

Anyways thank you both for your reassurance .

Also, do the SQA still do Band-A grades? Like Band-A-2 = 75%-85% and Band-A-1 = 85%-100%, and if they do, do they show up on your report card as regular A's or with something special to identify them?
Last edited by Strelzo; 1 week ago
NamiBread
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know that they calculate the "upper A" grade but I dont know if they actually award them and if they show up on certificates and reports.
Yeh, the assignment was easy, I'm hoping for full marks in that; as I'm sure a lot of people are too. Overall, that gives me like 2 more marks extra to ensure I stay at my dedicated grade.

It's not necessarily mistakes, it's just confusion in times. Our school, for some reason, doesn't announce what time the exam finishes either, which is ridiculous. And true, grade boundaries can be lowered as well, so that does give more space.

Anyways thank you both for your reassurance .

Also, do the SQA still do Band-A grades? Like Band-A-2 = 75%-85% and Band-A-1 = 85%-100%, and if they do, do they show up on your report card as regular A's or with something special to identify them?
Fhhdndjdj
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
University’s are not able to find out if it is an A1, in other words an A is an A
I know that they calculate the "upper A" grade but I dont know if they actually award them and if they show up on certificates and reports.
Strelzo
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
University’s are not able to find out if it is an A1, in other words an A is an A
Alright, feel a bit better now 🙃.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (402)
30.69%
The paper was reasonable (514)
39.24%
Not feeling great about that exam... (225)
17.18%
It was TERRIBLE (169)
12.9%

Watched Threads