Where my bitcoiners at?

Watch
100yoMAGApede
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've got 15 of these bad boys. I can't find it on the tsr search but I said I was going to spend £50k a few years ago and got laughed at. (I think the title was "I'm spending £50,000 on bitcoin" but nothing comes up)

Anyway, I'm not selling until they are $1,000,000 (one million dollars) EACH which will happen by the year 2025.I will try and remember this account and dab on all the haters and the doubters.
interst3llar
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nice investment
100yoMAGApede
Rep:
?
(Original post by interst3llar)
Nice investment
Cheers, although its definitely a bit of a gamble

the bear

I think you were mocking me?
Can't remember anyone else.
Gent2324
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
people were mocking you probably because you probably only had 50k in the bank at the time.
its dumb to spend all your money on gambles irrespective of whether you win or not.
100yoMAGApede
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gent2324)
people were mocking you probably because you probably only had 50k in the bank at the time.
its dumb to spend all your money on gambles irrespective of whether you win or not.
Yeah it was my life savings.

My lifestyle is so cheap and I don't see it changing. I'm right, my lifestyle stays the same apart from prostitutes and private schools when I have kids, really don't see myself buying anything else. If I'm wrong, lifestyle stays the same anyway.
Gent2324
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 100yoMAGApede)

My lifestyle is so cheap and I don't see it changing. I'm right, my lifestyle stays the same apart from prostitutes and private schools when I have kids, really don't see myself buying anything else. If I'm wrong, lifestyle stays the same anyway.
if you buy bitcoin because you have judged the market and are thinking that it will rise, then sure go for it.
if you buy bitcoin because of what the media says about it, your dumb.
try living in 08 when the recession went completely against what people expected.

so yea, not unfair they said it was a dumb investment because if you didnt get lucky with your gamble you would probably be homeless by now.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
:hahaha:

why not buy 15 magic beans instead ?

:rofl:
100yoMAGApede
Rep:
?
(Original post by the bear)
:hahaha:

why not buy 15 magic beans instead ?

:rofl:
Bro time to face the reality. You were wrong, you are wrong and you will continue to be wrong. 1 coin, 1 million, 1 half decade.
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Activate CRAB-17
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what exactly is bitcoin
100yoMAGApede
Rep:
?
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
Activate CRAB-17
Wage garnishing commence.
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wage garnishing commence.
I honestly cant wait for all the crypto to crash.
100yoMAGApede
Rep:
?
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
I honestly cant wait for all the crypto to crash.
Yeah it will crash from 500k to 100k lol
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In the Money and Finance Forum where this thread has been moved to
alex1231234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just saying, it isn't a sound investment. You can certainly make money on it if you invest at the right time but eventually it will fail. The price is most influenced by hype and people investing into it - it holds very little actual value. If you want to see an example of something like bitcoin in the past, look no father than the tulipomania in the 1500s, where something very similar happened, prices surged and people thought they could only increase, then it crashed and people lost everything. Or beanie babies. I don't want you to lose your life savings (obviously) I'm just saying what has happened in the past usually repeats itself. If you have evidence to prove this otherwise I would happily hear it. But the way you are talking about it seems very naiive. Bitcoin in my opinion isn't a very sustainable investment - you can profit if you jump of the wave at the right time, else risk crashing.

Marsharko
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.52%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.29%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.53%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.65%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads