What A-Levels should I do for Psychology Degree? Watch

fleuriegrace
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I don't know what A-Levels to do, I want to do Psychology at Uni and I'm going to do psychology A-level too, any ideas?

I'm quite a creative person so I like English, Art and languages,
but are there any A-levels that would be useful or good to do?

Thanks for your help!
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by fleuriegrace)
I don't know what A-Levels to do, I want to do Psychology at Uni and I'm going to do psychology A-level too, any ideas?

I'm quite a creative person so I like English, Art and languages,
but are there any A-levels that would be useful or good to do?

Thanks for your help!
Psychology and English would be good. A small minority of unis like applicants to have a second science (Psychology would count as a science for the purposes of this degree) but if you're not good at Biology say, then you're better off sticking with Languages or Art.
fleuriegrace
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Thank you so much! I've been really worried about choosing the wrong thing and regretting it, I'm thinking I might go to English, and I'm considering taking chemistry too. I think so anyway
(Original post by harrysbar)
Psychology and English would be good. A small minority of unis like applicants to have a second science (Psychology would count as a science for the purposes of this degree) but if you're not good at Biology say, then you're better off sticking with Languages or Art.
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by fleuriegrace)
Thank you so much! I've been really worried about choosing the wrong thing and regretting it, I'm thinking I might go to English, and I'm considering taking chemistry too. I think so anyway
You're welcome

I think the best advice is to pick the 3 subjects you are best at/most interested in, including Psychology. The most important thing for getting into a good uni is to pick the subjects you are most likely to do well in, since most of them will care more about predicted grades than the actual subject combination.
fleuriegrace
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
thank you! I think that's what I'm going to do
(Original post by harrysbar)
You're welcome

I think the best advice is to pick the 3 subjects you are best at/most interested in, including Psychology. The most important thing for getting into a good uni is to pick the subjects you are most likely to do well in, since most of them will care more about predicted grades than the actual subject combination.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (195)
22.52%
The paper was reasonable (363)
41.92%
Not feeling great about that exam... (169)
19.52%
It was TERRIBLE (139)
16.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed