can you say no to being asked questions during lectures at university? Watch

confuseddddd
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Is it possible for me to talk to my lecturer and discuss why I would not like to be asked I questions during lectures because I suffer from quite bad anxiety when it comes to talk in font of a group of people and I would end up having a panic attack.
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You can obviously speak to your lecturer about this.
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by confuseddddd)
Is it possible for me to talk to my lecturer and discuss why I would not like to be asked I questions during lectures because I suffer from quite bad anxiety when it comes to talk in font of a group of people and I would end up having a panic attack.
Lots of people don't speak up in lectures - you are mostly expected just to listen. Plus you could just sit quietly at the back as most lecture rooms are large.

You are more expected to contribute to discussions in small seminar groups but according to my son, lots of people stay silent at those too. You will not be fored to answer questions but you will get more out of seminars if you fully engage with the topic. However, by all means have a word with the staff if the thought of directly being asked questions would give you anxiety.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
No one talks in lectures. You just listen. There are no questions unless you raise your hand and ask one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (53)
24.65%
The paper was reasonable (97)
45.12%
Not feeling great about that exam (34)
15.81%
It was TERRIBLE (31)
14.42%

Watched Threads