Plagiarism meeting tomorrow Watch

Alia123321
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
So i have got a plagiarism meeting for my dissertation. However, my dissertation is based
on a lab technique style. There was roughly 8 people in the lab including me. Everyone got the same papers, same everything but my entire writing numbers, tables all are in highlighted plagiarised. The lecturer even wrote down plagiarism is to be expected but they are accusing me to have copied another student work on their method.

To be honest, I got no friends at all for me to share or take or anything from anyone. I have notes from the lab, pictures, videos of me explains everything inside the lab even tho you must not take a phone Out i did. Before I submitted my work i placed it into gram-marly app to check spellings extr...

Now tomorrow I got a meeting and I just hope they really do not see me copying anyone...

What do you think?
PhoenixFortune
  • Universities Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Alia123321)
So i have got a plagiarism meeting for my dissertation. However, my dissertation is based
on a lab technique style. There was roughly 8 people in the lab including me. Everyone got the same papers, same everything but my entire writing numbers, tables all are in highlighted plagiarised. The lecturer even wrote down plagiarism is to be expected but they are accusing me to have copied another student work on their method.

To be honest, I got no friends at all for me to share or take or anything from anyone. I have notes from the lab, pictures, videos of me explains everything inside the lab even tho you must not take a phone Out i did. Before I submitted my work i placed it into gram-marly app to check spellings extr...

Now tomorrow I got a meeting and I just hope they really do not see me copying anyone...

What do you think?
I have a couple of questions:
1. Did you actually copy someone or not? You don't have to be friends with someone to copy their work.
2. Did you all use the same data? It seems like you may have done, if all your numbers also came up as highly likely to be plagiarised.
3. Why did you have your phone out if you weren't allowed to?
4. If all 8 of you did similar things, why are you the only one being flagged up for plagiarism?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 days ago
has it happened yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (66)
23.66%
The paper was reasonable (125)
44.8%
Not feeling great about that exam (49)
17.56%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
13.98%

Watched Threads