Don't know what to do with my life? Watch

jeff211
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I am 18 years old and i am currently studying a level 3 applied science BTEC with A level alongside it. I have previously studied A level chemistry, french and biology at sixth form, however i decided to drop the year due to poor mock results and procrastination. I have now found myself in the same situation that i was in last year, with my real BTEC external exams just around the corner (unit 1) and my mocks just a few weeks later, being fully unprepared.
I don't know what is wrong with me, as I have no motivation and i just don't feel passionate about anything to do with my current course/science in general. Whenever I try to revise i get tired/distracted very easily. I have considered doing an apprenticeship however I believe that would be two years of my life wasted so far.
Can anyone help me out that has been through a similar situation/has any ideas?
Thank you.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
me. i'm 24, was doing btec but have just given up with it because society believes all 24+ year olds shouldn't even be in education unless its uni, my tutor had the audacity to tell me because of my age i should be doing something else. but what? there's nothing for me i haven't got anything else, she sees me as being incapable of doing anything in life. i need soooo many requirements just to pass this damned level if we dont have a dozen of them we won't be accepted. its like we have to sacrifice our life to education and being pushed around by not even decent teachers who don't even know me at all. i just have my maths now but i feel fckn useless at anything. i haven't even made up my mind everything is kind of like a desire or a dream for what i could do, i don't have my heart set or focused on anything. i'm sick of society and i'm sick and tired of hearing you're 24 you shouldn't be in college, why are u in college so late? it never ends
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
it makes me feel stupid for even dreaming of the things i could do in my life. now its like i have to have something because society says so.
(Original post by Anonymous)
me. i'm 24, was doing btec but have just given up with it because society believes all 24+ year olds shouldn't even be in education unless its uni, my tutor had the audacity to tell me because of my age i should be doing something else. but what? there's nothing for me i haven't got anything else, she sees me as being incapable of doing anything in life. i need soooo many requirements just to pass this damned level if we dont have a dozen of them we won't be accepted. its like we have to sacrifice our life to education and being pushed around by not even decent teachers who don't even know me at all. i just have my maths now but i feel fckn useless at anything. i haven't even made up my mind everything is kind of like a desire or a dream for what i could do, i don't have my heart set or focused on anything. i'm sick of society and i'm sick and tired of hearing you're 24 you shouldn't be in college, why are u in college so late? it never ends
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (228)
22.69%
The paper was reasonable (453)
45.07%
Not feeling great about that exam... (181)
18.01%
It was TERRIBLE (143)
14.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise