Warwick study abroad opportunities Watch

dbrownbeast
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I have firmed my unconditional offer from Warwick for the following October to read chemistry and was wondering what opportunities there are to study abroad whether that be summer schools or semesters/years abroad.

Thanks
DaJeong99
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey!

Warwick has many study abroad opportunities at some of the best universities across the world. They only courses that offer semesters abroad is History - renaissance, where you study in Venice for a term. The university doesn't do Summer schools but there are many societies and programmes that do sponsor certin opportunities - i.e. Warwick in Africa, Warwick in India. Additionally, there are some bursurys avaliable to people working abroad (up to 10days funding) if it is like work experience.

However, you can do split years - one term at one uni, one term at another. Which is an opportunity I haven't seen anywhere else.

Most people do a year out in their third year. The way the university organizes opportunities is in two ways - some opportunities are coordinated by the individual departments, i.e. the Chemistry has a partnership with the National University of Defence in China - an agreement only open to Chemistry students, where as other agreements are university wide and therefore open to everyone, across the Uni i.e. Seoul National University in South Korea.

https://warwick.ac.uk/study/studyabroad/partners/ - This is the best website to see what's avaliable to you but bare in mind these are subject to change year on year.
The standard across the University is you must achieve at least a 2:1 in your first year to be considered, and at least a 2:1 in your second to go - those this can vary by department.

I hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.45%
Excited (166)
9.39%
Worried (308)
17.43%
Terrified (389)
22.01%
Meh (184)
10.41%
Confused (39)
2.21%