Dating somebody who’s disabled Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
So one of my closest friends is an amputee and recently she has gotten really insecure about it because she doesn’t think that people will want to date her because of this and people won’t find her attractive. She is gorgeous btw and I try to tell her otherwise but she’ll say that I don’t understand and stuff like that. So to prove a point to her would you guys not date a girl because she doesn’t have legs?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #2
Report 6 days ago
I'm in a wheelchair and totally understand the situation of feeling like you're not good enough for anyone and feel that they'll go for someone else and I've been there myself but the main thing is to go for it if you have the confidence, I don't have that confident nature of myself anyway
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
It depends on the nature of the disablement, but generally I don't think it'd bother me. I definitely wouldn't have any problems dating someone who didn't have legs.
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I wouldn't necessarily say no to the idea, but it'd bring a lot of questions. Does she have prosthetic limbs and could otherwise be active with me? I don't mean sexually, I mean sporty. That's somewhat on my list of priorities for anyone long term since I don't comfortably do the whole sitting around and watching films kind of thing everyone else does.
RiaWombat
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by sknudson)
I wouldn't necessarily say no to the idea, but it'd bring a lot of questions. Does she have prosthetic limbs and could otherwise be active with me? I don't mean sexually, I mean sporty. That's somewhat on my list of priorities for anyone long term since I don't comfortably do the whole sitting around and watching films kind of thing everyone else does.
She’s a sprinter at the moment and used to swim internationally so she’s more active then most able bodied people I know. She also dances.
sknudson
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by RiaWombat)
She’s a sprinter at the moment and used to swim internationally so she’s more active then most able bodied people I know. She also dances.
I guess that's the biggest question I'd have about the idea. Would consider.
Anonymous #3
Report 6 days ago
I totally would! It's all about the personality, and you don't need legs to have a good personality.
Anyone that wouldn't date her because of a disability is crap and wouldn't deserve to date her anyway.
Xxx
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by RiaWombat)
Wow, that's really impressive!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (518)
26.21%
The paper was reasonable (861)
43.57%
Not feeling great about that exam (388)
19.64%
It was TERRIBLE (209)
10.58%

Watched Threads