question for boys: smart girls Watch

Random915
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
do you find smart girls attractive? i mean academically or just naturally.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
yes for sure
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Most definitely! Intelligence is a turn-on
100yoMAGApede
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Random915)
I have A*A*A* at a level and hate to break it to you but it’s not attractive at all to guys, just like money, status, career etc isn’t either. This obviously isn’t the case for women who do care about this stuff, so successful women get screwed over big time.

This is the reason you only get male incels (loser guys have a awful time dating) but with successful people it’s always women complaining about dating in newspapers cause they don’t realise out of non personality things guys just care about looks. Anyway there’s no nice way to put it and cause im very career focused I’m so happy I’m a guy.
UWS
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As long as they're not cocky about it.
Aaronsb1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yes yes and yes
lorainsj
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes.

I would probably argue that men who don’t find it attractive may be insecure about their own intelligence and may feel emasculated by it. However, this is only my opinion.
student-talk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What do you count as intelligence, someone could be really mature struggle with school but have a talent for video making, or creative writing. I don't really like the word intelligence, I feel everyone is intelligent in there own way.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I dunno if I'd say it's a 'turn on', but I prefer to be around such people and it would make a lasting relationship much more likely.
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by UWS)
As long as they're not cocky about it.
I second this
student-talk
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why? Someone could struggle with school work, but be a really nice mature person with a talent for video editing or art, and you have chosen to judge them by the fact they can't do maths.
(Original post by gjd800)
I dunno if I'd say it's a 'turn on', but I prefer to be around such people and it would make a lasting relationship much more likely.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by student-talk)
Why? Someone could struggle with school work, but be a really nice mature person with a talent for video editing or art, and you have chosen to judge them by the fact they can't do maths.
Have I indeed? Can you point me to the point where I actually said that?
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
OP said academically or just naturally. Meaning it wasn't a question simply about school work.

Read the OP before you condemn people's responses to it.
student-talk
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You said clever people will make for longer lasting relationships, but what is clever and why would they, or at least that is what i thought you meant, don't mean to offend you was just giving an opposing argument, but don't mean to offend you.
Have I indeed? Can you point me to the point where I actually said that?
student-talk
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
But wouldn't that be everyone then, as everyone is clever in there own way.
(Original post by Notoriety)
OP said academically or just naturally. Meaning it wasn't a question simply about school work.

Read the OP before you condemn people's responses to it.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You said clever people will make for longer lasting relationships, but what is clever and why would they, or at least that is what i thought you meant, don't mean to offend you was just giving an opposing argument, but don't mean to offend you.
It wasn't an opposing argument at all, you were putting words in my mouth which is, much as I loathe this, a straw-man fallacy. With respect, you are a teenager, and I am a man in my 30s with a string of failed relationships behind him. The reason is because we share an intellectual plateau, which means not only do our interests coincide, but so does our depth of understanding. And that is increasingly important to me the older I get—experience shows me that it makes for better relationships. It is hard to precisely characterise 'intelligence', but I know what stupid looks like, and I'm not going back to that again.
student-talk
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
um, sorry I am in about 4 different chat's that are all similar, so I got it muddled up and thought this was the one on academic intelligence. You don't have to get annoyed about it, sorry if you thought I put words in your mouth but I genuinely just got muddled up, so I was not giving a straw- man fallacy I was giving more of a, whoops i'm in the wrong chat argument, as I explained before, I was muddled up. So are you saying that intelligence to you is someone who thinks in the same way as you, and understands things that your interested in, for example a particular bit of politics your interested in. I would actually agree with that, but I would not call the people who do not have the same beliefs as me unintelligent I would just think they have different beliefs and values, than me meaning it would be hard to get along, as we both have opposing views and think the other person is stupid. I understand I am a teenager, but I would please ask you to respect my view, and not count it as any less value than yours, this is after all a chat room for students. Are u a teacher why are u in a student chat room. I am sorry don't mean to offend you just genuinely interested. Hope I explained this well enough.
It wasn't an opposing argument at all, you were putting words in my mouth which is, much as I loathe this, a straw-man fallacy. With respect, you are a teenager, and I am a man in my 30s with a string of failed relationships behind him. The reason is because we share an intellectual plateau, which means not only do our interests coincide, but so does our depth of understanding. And that is increasingly important to me the older I get—experience shows me that it makes for better relationships. It is hard to precisely characterise 'intelligence', but I know what stupid looks like, and I'm not going back to that again.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
omg of course, they tend to be better people too.

JunJun08
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes definitely! But not just in an academic sense. I like a person who is very passionate about something, down to Earth, open minded etc and those kinds of people tend to be intelligent
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (228)
22.69%
The paper was reasonable (453)
45.07%
Not feeling great about that exam... (181)
18.01%
It was TERRIBLE (143)
14.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise