loosing social life Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Lately I've been diagnosed with acne as well as severe dandruff. I've tried every over the counter product there is for both these problems but nothing works, does anyone know anything that can help? I rarely leave the house anymore not even to carry on with my education because people stare and I just feel like shouting at them that I shower once a day and wash my face twice a day and I just feel so dirty and disgusting. It's really getting me down.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
i used to have quite bad acne, i mean my skin is not perfect now but it has improved so much, there’s no bumps apart for a few spots i get every now and then but i still have a little redness, i found that the lush ‘angels on bare skin’ face scrub really helped to clear my skin especially on my cheeks. but is anyone knows anything to recommend for redness let me know? i also have mild dandruff and have been using head and shoulders shampoo but it hasn’t really helped, idk maybe it’s because i haven’t been using it that long but yeah. hope this helps
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
sophia.chlo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i hope you feel the confidence to go out again
Last edited by sophia.chlo; 1 week ago
TheRealSquiddy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Lately I've been diagnosed with acne as well as severe dandruff. I've tried every over the counter product there is for both these problems but nothing works, does anyone know anything that can help? I rarely leave the house anymore not even to carry on with my education because people stare and I just feel like shouting at them that I shower once a day and wash my face twice a day and I just feel so dirty and disgusting. It's really getting me down.
Okay, so your doctor needs to refer you to a dermatologist.

And also stop washing your face twice a day, especially when using soap, it irritates the pores allowing dirt to get into them.

Hopefully a dermatologist will prescribe you some medication (more than likely roaccuatane) which works in most cases but may not. But more than likely will make a difference.

Dandruff wise, again go to a dermatologist, else try using an anti dandruff shampoo, but not a tonne of it, just a little bit, and ensure you wash out every single bit of it.

Sounds to me like you have a number of dermatological issues, ask to be referred to a dermatologist who can correctly diagnose and identify the best way to fix this
TheRealSquiddy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i used to have quite bad acne, i mean my skin is not perfect now but it has improved so much, there’s no bumps apart for a few spots i get every now and then but i still have a little redness, i found that the lush ‘angels on bare skin’ face scrub really helped to clear my skin especially on my cheeks. but is anyone knows anything to recommend for redness let me know? i also have mild dandruff and have been using head and shoulders shampoo but it hasn’t really helped, idk maybe it’s because i haven’t been using it that long but yeah. hope this helps
Literally for the redness, ice will help, it help, it reduces bloodflow to the area meaning less redness.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
Hii!! i used to suffer from reallllllyyy baddd dandruff, my scalp would be really crusty and dry lol. I tried this stuff called t gel, the black charcoal one i think, its an over the counter shampoo and it really helped! Use it a few times and you will really see improvements
kurro
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Like TheRealSquiddy said the dermatologist prescribed me Roaccutane for 4 months and it has not come back since (been 1 year). Although I do get the random spots now and again I apply aloe vera gel and it sometimes goes away overnight or takes 2 days. I apply it after a shower in the night.

There are some side effects from Roaccutane but it may not even affect you - e.g dry skin (they gave me a moisturizer that helped), muscle aches (that's cause I went to the gym a lot) and a few others.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (209)
22.69%
The paper was reasonable (416)
45.17%
Not feeling great about that exam... (172)
18.68%
It was TERRIBLE (124)
13.46%

Watched Threads