The Student Room Group

A - Level Chemistry Advice

Right, so basically just did an A Level Chemistry mock and got a D. I’ve got my first A-Level Exam in two weeks and I really need to get that grade up to an A. Any tips? Should I just focus on doing topic questions for a week and then spend the other week banging out exam papers or just start doing exam papers now so that I get a solid two weeks of exam papers now before the exam?
Any help would be appreciated thanks 🙏🏾
is there a specific feedback reason why you scored lower, missed a question, didnt understand rate-equations, molarity?
so was it the maths side of chem, the physics side of chem, the chemistry side of chem, or just being awake?

practising the past exams is brilliant idea, one every hour for two weeks (with a break occasionally, of course)
try other syllabuses past papers - maybe even Oxford's chemistry test (= section one of their TSA 'thinking entrance test')
http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/tests/tsa (lots of section 1's there, in "How Do I Prepare"/ "Section 1 specimen and past papers")

other suggestions might be better! but the more prep you do, remembering to stop and prioritise good nghts' sleep before the actual exams, the better you can get, and in just two weeks, yes.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Didn’t get to finish revising and going over content before my mock so that’s probably why 🤦🏾*♂️ That’s for the advice tho appreciate it 🙌🏾
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest