The Student Room Group

My POV

Right so I’m clearly late to the party (like 10 years later), but as a student currently doing my A-levels I thought I would clear a few things up...
Last year when doing my GCSE’s, my academic school year was called ‘the guinea pig’ year, as we had the new and harder courses because the school board changed them as too many students were getting good grades. Over a course of 2 years I sat over 60 exams to come out with 12 GCSE’s overall. What barely anybody has touched on in this chat is the fact that we weren’t aloud to take any notes in with us and also not a single question in these exams are multiple choice.

At A-level, I’m 99% sure it’s the equivalent to being able to go to ‘college’ in America because my friend was offered a football(soccer) scholarship in America but would have had to go in his second, and final year of A-levels. To obtain your final grade at A-level standard, you need to sit exams in the first year and second year (12 for me) as-well A’s course work throughout the second year. Sh*ts hard I will tell you now. So hope this gives you some perspective

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending