The Student Room Group

Passport help: No counter signatory

I’m getting a passport and I have the appointment for the one week one in Liverpool tomorrow (I live in Manchester). But I have no counter signatory, I know nobody who’s suitable and I really don’t know what to do! The doctors don’t allow it (like gps). I asked my teacher and they said it was a ‘safeguarding issue’ so I can’t get it from them. There’s nobody else, my neighbours are not in the right jobs.
Someone please help or that’s £147 down the drain!!
Reply 1
Bit mad that your teachers won't do it.
Reply 2
I know, I really thought they would because a few years ago the old head teacher did my older sisters. But apparently because they give away private info it’s not allowed anymore.
Reply 3
That's a shame. Do you not know anybody that fits their occupation list? Terrible situation for you to be in.
Reply 4
Literally nobody, I bought the passport thinking that a teacher would do it and now I think I’m gonna have to buy it again when I can find someone... :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Literally nobody, I bought the passport thinking that a teacher would do it and now I think I’m gonna have to buy it again when I can find someone... :frown:

How about your Mum & Dad? They not have a friend that has some sort of professional standing in a company etc?
Reply 6
My family is very isolated, my mum barely leaves the house and so knows nobody (except old friends who live far away). And my dad isn’t in the picture.
Reply 7
My family is very isolated, my mum barely leaves the house and so knows nobody (except old friends who live far away). And my dad isn’t in the picture.

Gahh, I'm coming up short on ideas for you.
Reply 8
What do you think would happen if I turned up and explained my circumstances?
Reply 9
The odds on them changing the rules even in one specific instance are very, very long indeed, unfortunately.
I’m well and truly doomed then :frown:
One of my friends had the same problem and she went to every head and deputy head in our school and they couldn’t do it for her so she went and asked 2 of her actual teachers i think one of them was chemistry and art and they did it for her. Try asking teachers that like you or you have on daily basis they might do it for you.
I emailed my teachers and that said that it’s a safeguarding issue and that they can’t do it.
Reply 13
Do you not go to the dentist?
I haven’t been for about 3 years because I have the orthodontist rn. They can’t do it either because I have a different one each time do they won’t allow it.
what about next-door neighbours?
I haven’t been for about 3 years because I have the orthodontist rn. They can’t do it either because I have a different one each time do they won’t allow it.

You can go to the dentist and the orthodontist???????

Also, I really don't understand why teacher's can't sign it.
Like it's literally their name, the date and like schools address or something along the lines of that. Don't see what the safeguarding issues are
Original post by AzureCeleste
You can go to the dentist and the orthodontist???????

Also, I really don't understand why teacher's can't sign it.
Like it's literally their name, the date and like schools address or something along the lines of that. Don't see what the safeguarding issues are

I think they have to write their own address which was an issue with my friend as well. The teachers didn’t want to give personal address or their age.

Faith leader?
I think they have to write their own address which was an issue with my friend as well. The teachers didn’t want to give personal address or their age.

No they don't. I've had things countersigned by teachers and they used the school's address. Unless things have changed in the past year they don't give their own address
It's the same with doctor's and stuff, they give their surgeries not theirs.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending