I think I failed my AS maths today Watch

frolikeye
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I've always been an A*/A student, and I'm pretty sure that I've failed unit 1 maths, or got a C at best.
I still have unit 2 left, which isn't worth as much, but I still feel like I have to reconsider all of my life choices, like what uni I wanna go to and what job I want.
If I did REALLY well in unit 2, and just as well in unit 3 and 4, is it possible for me to get an A* overall?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymouspsych
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by frolikeye)
I've always been an A*/A student, and I'm pretty sure that I've failed unit 1 maths, or got a C at best.
I still have unit 2 left, which isn't worth as much, but I still feel like I have to reconsider all of my life choices, like what uni I wanna go to and what job I want.
If I did REALLY well in unit 2, and just as well in unit 3 and 4, is it possible for me to get an A* overall?
So firstly, AS and A level are two different qualifications so even if you don't do well now it's not the end of the world as it doesn't count towards your actual A Level.

Second of all focus on your other units instead of thinking about how badly this one just went.

I had a bad module when I did my further maths A level, like it was by far one of the worst grades I've ever gotten in a maths module and I just had a bad day. But in the end I got an A* in both maths and further maths where I got 100 ums in nearly all modules. So you can still ace the other two units, don't worry about this one!
frolikeye
Rep:
?
[forgot to quote]
Last edited by frolikeye; 5 days ago
frolikeye
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymouspsych)
So firstly, AS and A level are two different qualifications so even if you don't do well now it's not the end of the world as it doesn't count towards your actual A Level.

Second of all focus on your other units instead of thinking about how badly this one just went.

I had a bad module when I did my further maths A level, like it was by far one of the worst grades I've ever gotten in a maths module and I just had a bad day. But in the end I got an A* in both maths and further maths where I got 100 ums in nearly all modules. So you can still ace the other two units, don't worry about this one!
Thanks for the advice. Are you sure they're completely different? specifications always say that AS is 40% of the total grade, and that A2 is 60%
Anonymouspsych
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Thanks for the advice. Are you sure they're completely different? specifications always say that AS is 40% of the total grade, and that A2 is 60%
What exam board are you doing, I am assuming you are doing the new specification?
frolikeye
Rep:
?
What exam board are you doing, I am assuming you are doing the new specification?
WJEC new spec
earlybird88
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I know it's easy to think the worst but try not to. You could do better than you expected! Also, reconsidering your whole life path based on a stupid exam is not worthwhile. Ok you can't change what happened today but no point in worrying until you have to. Good luck and calm a bit
frolikeye
Rep:
?
(Original post by earlybird88)
I know it's easy to think the worst but try not to. You could do better than you expected! Also, reconsidering your whole life path based on a stupid exam is not worthwhile. Ok you can't change what happened today but no point in worrying until you have to. Good luck and calm a bit
Thanks. I'll try to focus less on this exam. It all came down to playing my PC instead of revising. I guess all I can do is try my best for unit 2, which is next week
Last edited by frolikeye; 5 days ago
earlybird88
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Thanks. I'll try to focus less on this exam. It all came down to playing my PC instead of revising. I guess all I can do is try my best for unit 2, which is next week
Yep positive vibes you got this. You know what you need to do. I'd advise no PC time until the next exam is over so you can completely apply yourself to boost the overall grade and rescue the situation! :dance:
Anonymouspsych
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Ok I just checked and you are correct. It is split 40/60 between AS and A2. I think pretty much for all other exam boards AS doesn't contribute to the A Level grade. Sorry for the confusion
WJEC new spec
frolikeye
Rep:
?
Ok I just checked and you are correct. It is split 40/60 between AS and A2. I think pretty much for all other exam boards AS doesn't contribute to the A Level grade. Sorry for the confusion
No worries. Unlucky for me I guess.
it would have been nice if this was just a practice run
Cemi
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Why not just resit the exam? WJEC AS exams are a few weeks before A2 exams start so it won't be too much added on stress. Just work harder next year.
frolikeye
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Cemi)
Why not just resit the exam? WJEC AS exams are a few weeks before A2 exams start so it won't be too much added on stress. Just work harder next year.
That's not a bad idea.
I've been telling myself to work harder for 3 years running now, don't see myself changing next year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (133)
24.95%
The paper was reasonable (235)
44.09%
Not feeling great about that exam (102)
19.14%
It was TERRIBLE (63)
11.82%

Watched Threads