The Student Room Group

All people who fail exams are lazy ??

What is your opinion on this. I will not state mine until there are more reply's.
Reply 1
Not necessarily, but the ones I bombed were definitely because I wasn't interested and would rather have been in the pub (and so you could likely say I was lazy).
Obviously not.
Some are, but not all. Some students just accidentally mess up their exams, maybe due to stress or issues at home. Other students work really hard, and then do badly. I wouldn't call any of these cases lazy. But yeah then you have the " I ain't revising, I don't care" kind of students, most of them are quite lazy.
eh I woudn't say lazy

kind of depends on the person really
Wrong, we are stupid!
in my experience some of the folk who failed the exams were the smartest. they recognised a levels are pointless
Not necessarily. Some people are just bad at certain subjects, it doesn't mean they're lazy.
no
Some are lazy and didn't bother.
Others either: just have no aptitude for the subject, haven't been taught enough, have been unlucky or are just too stupid to pass.
I disagree, last year for AS Physics, I know people who worked very hard, doing practice papers and everything, and they got a D, I however didn't, I barely finished my classwork most of the time let alone individual study, I basically just winged it and somehow got a B.

for some people, they're just not good at the subject no matter how hard they try.
There's a number of reasons why a student fails an exam.

The biggest 2 are Laziness (Im also shoving not trying in lessons under this) and just being thick (I think we need to accept some children are thick, or not academically gifted to be nicer)

A rarer reason is inadequate or unlucky teaching caused by extreme circumstances (teachers leaving, teachers dying etc)
I wouldn't say they're lazy, they could have just failed to understand the material properly, or have chosen the wrong technique to learn it.
Not all, but many probably are.

Quick Reply

Latest