Bumping into ex Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
So my ex and I broke up a month ago. He ended it but he was the one to have **** behaviour (I pulled him up on it and his solution was to just end it). I was (and have been) completely heartbroken and can't help but feel like he is fine with it (probably feels a bit bad for upsetting me but thinks it was the best thing to do). We haven't spoken or seen each other once this entire time (we are at separate unis) but are both home this weekend to see a mutual friend. I invited this friend to do something today and she informed me that she was already going to be in the same place, and to join her and others, but he would be there too, but not to feel discouraged and join. I was already going with my other friends, but feel like if I do join them I'll be making it uncomfortable for everyone. I'm in a much better place and I would love to see my friends I haven't seen in ages but feel like I can't/shouldn't. I'm also worried I'll feel very vulnerable seeing him again, especially if he was fine. (we broke up because he's decided to go away for all of summer and didn't include any time with me, and when I said this made me feel bad he ended it). Unsure what to do/how to act. Should I still see them and say hi and risk having to have small talk with him (was going to be inevitable, we have mutual friends and go to all the same places)
h.i_773
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
doesn't matter what other people think about you. If anything if you should go with your friends, it will prove to you and your friends (even your ex) how strong you are considering you have the willpower to do so. Act like nothing ever happened. It will leave your ex regretting his decision.
Anonymous #1
i've said i'll go and say hi to them and maybe join in (it is pub quiz) but it's still very hard when i know he's doing better than me. But i do think i can't hide/be scared forever. I had thought i'd be able to avoid him (being at separate unis then him going away when summer begins) but i know i should just be strong considering how well i've been and try to let it set me back
(Original post by h.i_773)
doesn't matter what other people think about you. If anything if you should go with your friends, it will prove to you and your friends (even your ex) how strong you are considering you have the willpower to do so. Act like nothing ever happened. It will leave your ex regretting his decision.
RazzzBerries
  • Chat Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i've said i'll go and say hi to them and maybe join in (it is pub quiz) but it's still very hard when i know he's doing better than me. But i do think i can't hide/be scared forever. I had thought i'd be able to avoid him (being at separate unis then him going away when summer begins) but i know i should just be strong considering how well i've been and try to let it set me back
Better than you? Pfft please. You were the one who had to put up with that behaviour.

If you want to hang out with these people where your ex will be, go for it. If you want to go out with your friends, do! Don’t let your ex make this decision for you. It’s your life, so you have complete and utter control. :yep:
Anonymous #1
hahaha thanks. Just in terms of he wasn't heartbroken. Tbh i'm less sad and more angry now, i'd love to sit him down and list everything wrong with him but that's unrealstic. Sucks because a few of these friends were there for me after the breakup but i had to stop speaking to them about it because it was a conflict of interest. My opinion on his isn't amazing at this point, but to a lot of other people he's 'the really nice guy who didn't mean to hurt you and does care about you', but obviously we have different experiences. **** because i was very hesitant at first but EVERYONE told me to give him a chance because he's soooo nice. I stopped speaking to them about it so that i didn't seem like i was just being *****y post-breakup and at least my absolute best friends hate him lol
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
Better than you? Pfft please. You were the one who had to put up with that behaviour.

If you want to hang out with these people where your ex will be, go for it. If you want to go out with your friends, do! Don’t let your ex make this decision for you. It’s your life, so you have complete and utter control. :yep:
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
just to add, i do feel like i've moved forward a lot, but it doesn't mean i want to be friends with him or that i'm happy with him. He said he didn't want it to end badly and wanted to be friends eventually but i honestly don't think i'll forgive him for his selfish behaviour, but i think others will maybe be expecting me to be fine with him now that i'm okay, because they all have an experience of him where he's a great guy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (535)
26.39%
The paper was reasonable (884)
43.61%
Not feeling great about that exam (395)
19.49%
It was TERRIBLE (213)
10.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise