5 rejections? Watch

Bbbbyx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I want to apply to medicine, which I know is very competitive. What happens if I get 5 rejections? If I get the grades/entry requirements on results day can I get in through adjustment even though that uni rejected me?
Levi23317
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Yh its possible, if they have space (e.g student who got accepted didnt get the grades). But i expect other students will also try and get in, so it will probs be competitive
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
kurro
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I put 1 uni that doesn't require very high grades just in case.

The uni I wanted to go to was AAB, then the other three were in the ranges of AAB-BBB then the fifth one was BBC.

And yes you can get in through adjustment if you get better grades that you were predicted, or if the uni has space they may let you in too. But if you do not get the grades you want there is clearing that you can do.
thatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Just be aware that you can only apply to 4 medicine courses and your 5th will be something else.

It's recommended that you put your 5th choice at slightly lower grades however, many people meet the grades for medicine but don;t get in so don;t set it too low!

Also bear in mind that if medicine is what you really want to do and you don't get in first time it may be worth taking a year out of education to build your application and reapply.
Nautilus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
The uni I wanted to go to was AAB, then the other three were in the ranges of AAB-BBB then the fifth one was BBC.

For medicine?
As far as I know medical schools won't consider anything less than AAA
thatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Nautilus)

For medicine?
Yes, many people achieve the grades for medicine but still don't get in so ensure your application is well rounded. Your grades will get you a look in but it'll be the rest of the application that will determine whether you get a place!
dwji
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
U can only apply to 4 med courses, the 5th has to be something different, usually people put biomed which has lower entry requirements (ABB ish)
(Original post by Bbbbyx)
I want to apply to medicine, which I know is very competitive. What happens if I get 5 rejections? If I get the grades/entry requirements on results day can I get in through adjustment even though that uni rejected me?
kurro
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Nautilus)

For medicine?
ooops
guess I misread the medicine part. Sorry OP :/
Laycity
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Bbbbyx)
If you get 4 medicine rejections it is very unlikely you will get an offer through adjustment from these medical schools even with achieved grades. Most will already have people on a waiting list which they will go to if enough offer holders miss their grades.

One option is UCAS extra which is available in April to people with no offers, medical schools have made places available for this in the last couple of years when they have been granted extra places for their courses.

Another option is clearing, some schools may go into clearing for medicine (unlikely) but most try to avoid this now by using waiting lists.

As mentioned gap year and reapply is also an option if you really want to do medicine. Achieved grades and further enhanced healthcare experience etc. can boost your application second time round.
Last edited by Laycity; 5 days ago
swanseajack1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Medicine is very competitive and many people get 4 rejections. It is highly unlikely you will get in on results day. Your option would be to reapply the next year realising you might get the same result or looking to apply for a less competitive subject through extra or clearing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (535)
26.38%
The paper was reasonable (884)
43.59%
Not feeling great about that exam (395)
19.48%
It was TERRIBLE (214)
10.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise