Do I fail the module if I don't hand in an assignment? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Assignment is due in 2 days and I don't have enough time to do it (because of other assignments). I can get a zero on this and still pass the module so that doesn't really matter. I was just wondering if not handing in an assignment automatically fails the module? I heard some people saying this...
hallamstudents
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Assignment is due in 2 days and I don't have enough time to do it (because of other assignments). I can get a zero on this and still pass the module so that doesn't really matter. I was just wondering if not handing in an assignment automatically fails the module? I heard some people saying this...
Hey im not sure about this, i assume this is right, its best to hand something in than nothing i think. Could you potentially apply for an extension if you have a reason as to why you haven't been able to do it?
Sophia
watchingyouwatch
Badges: 13
Report 1 week ago
It depends on the regulations of your university and course. Your course handbook should have the answer if not you would have to ask someone in your department what the specific rules relating to your course are.
Some courses/universities require you to pass all parts of the module/ get a minimum amount in all parts.

It might be better to try and get an extension the deadline and at least put something in .
(Original post by Anonymous)
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I don't have a legit reason - I literally don't know how to do the assignment so I decided to just do my other ones which are worth more anyway
(Original post by hallamstudents)
Hey im not sure about this, i assume this is right, its best to hand something in than nothing i think. Could you potentially apply for an extension if you have a reason as to why you haven't been able to do it?
Sophia
XOR_
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Forgot what I previously said, didn't read the post correctly.

Yea getting less than the passable grade for an assignment (in this case zero) is 'usually' fine as long as you pass the module.
Worth double checking though as that's a UNI specific thing.
Joleee
  • Debate & Current Affairs Helper
Badges: 18
Report 1 week ago
if you can't find the info in your handbook/online then i would contract your personal tutor. if someone here tells you you'll be fine - and then you're not fine - you can't use TSR on your PEC form later, know what i'm sayin?

are you sure you're not selling yourself short? i bet you could hand something in on time if you really wanted to. or did you never plan on doing the assignment, anyway?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (209)
22.69%
The paper was reasonable (416)
45.17%
Not feeling great about that exam... (172)
18.68%
It was TERRIBLE (124)
13.46%

Watched Threads