The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Science (Chemistry) Paper 1 1CH0 1H - 16 May 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Where was the gas volume question on the Edexcel combined chemistry higher?
Original post by gettinglife
for the 6 marker????
A - Copper oxide B - Magnesium metal - Sodium Hydroxide D - Copper carbonate

I think I got that. God that test was pretty shambolic overall though!
It’s mass = mr x moles
Reply 23
Original post by mono5304
I think you do 1 times Avogadro constant and that’s it. So the answer might just be 6.02 x10 to the power of 23

Thats what i put but the question was 2 marks so Idk. 2 marks for multiplying a number by 1?
Original post by kate_howard_1
I put copper carbonate magnesium sodium hydroxide and copper oxide

But the last one had effervescence - copper oxide in acid only produces water???

Spoiler

Original post by sqed234
Where was the gas volume question on the Edexcel combined chemistry higher?
you have to times it by 3 as there were 3 atoms in the element
Reply 27
I put that at first but then switched A and D round so I ****ed that question a bit.

Original post by gettinglife
for the 6 marker????
A - Copper oxide B - Magnesium metal - Sodium Hydroxide D - Copper carbonate
Reply 28
I was asking if it was on the Edexcel higher paper because if it was then I’ve missed it...
Original post by Ksadanand

Spoiler

It was 2000. I got 400 for vol of oxygen but i forgot that oxygen was 20% of the air
Original post by Shehraam
What did everyone get for gas volume on the last question

I
What did you get for the 'what do you see if you favour the hydrogen iodide'thing

yeah thats what i did
Original post by sdknergreg
you have to times it by 3 as there were 3 atoms in the element
Reply 34
I said purple to colourless and then as it was excess zinc may have formed a suspension - not sure about the suspension part though
Original post by smith.214
What did you get for the 'what do you see if you favour the hydrogen iodide'thing
I wasnt sure, so i said colourless to purple cuz it favours forward reaction so i thought it will break down to form more I2+ h2. For the zinc one, zinc displaces copper so u will get a brown solution
Original post by hehe_x
I said purple to colourless and then as it was excess zinc may have formed a suspension - not sure about the suspension part though
Reply 36
Yeah I don't remember the order of the colours but I thought the same as you
Original post by smith.214
I wasnt sure, so i said colourless to purple cuz it favours forward reaction so i thought it will break down to form more I2+ h2. For the zinc one, zinc displaces copper so u will get a brown solution
Reply 37
for the empirical formula I went to the periodic table and put N2S cus of the atomic number they gave us = not sure if thats right
Reply 38
do you guys think the boundaries will be low

I got 399.6 I think don’t think it was right tho

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending