MA Student Loan Watch

SalientKnowledge
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hello,

I'm just wondering if I'd be able to apply for a MA student loan from Student Finance even though I am just finishing my undergrad which I've got through with a student loan.

In the eligibility part on the student finance website it says you are not eligible if you're "behind in repayments for any previous loans". Does this mean I'd need to pay off my undergrad loan before applying?
I'mPooPoo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Yes you can apply for a postgraduate loan through Student Finance as long as you have a place at university for a master's course. You must have also completed an undergraduate degree by the time your master's degree starts.

You only start paying back undergraduate loans once you start earning passed the threshold for repayment. Since you are continuing your education it isn't relevant to you for now.
Last edited by I'mPooPoo; 4 days ago
SalientKnowledge
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Phew! Thanks!
(Original post by I'mPooPoo)
Yes you can apply for a postgraduate loan through Student Finance as long as you have a place at university for a master's course. You must have also completed an undergraduate degree by the time your master's degree starts.

You only start paying back undergraduate loans once you start earning passed the threshold for repayment. Since you are continuing your education it isn't relevant to you for now.
I'mPooPoo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by SalientKnowledge)
Phew! Thanks!
You're welcome. Good luck with your undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (87)
16.83%
The paper was reasonable (255)
49.32%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
23.02%
It was TERRIBLE (56)
10.83%

Watched Threads