The Student Room Group

I'm 12 and I'm 4'9

Scroll to see replies

I'm 4'9" actually. Hehe. But I'll take your word for it
Original post by FingersXed84
Everyone in my family is smaller than my brother. But he ate lots during his growth spurt and I’ve been told that helps. Good nutrition or a multivitamin can’t do you any harm. Also, there are some studies that suggest the sun can help (obviously using san tan lotion to avoid skin cancer). But I wouldn’t worry. 4 11’ at your age is normal. Plus most movie stars are tiny so if nothing else you could become a Hollywood celebrity.

You will grow tho. I promise you will and then you’ll wonder why you ever worried about it.
Original post by themajestic.raee
I'm complaining I'm too short. My friends are already at 5 foot and above. I'm the shortest of the group. Sometimes my friends tease me about my height, but on the inside, I'm not very happy.:u:

Is that a typo?
Other than eating a good, normal diet with enough protein, there's nothing you can do to affect your final adult height. It will depend on whatever selection of genes you happened to get from your parents. You will grow, either fast or slow, as long as the growth plates at the ends of your bones (the part where growth happens and puts length on the bone) are open and active. You can absolutely lift weight as a teenager - the recommendation is to avoid a lot of super heavy weight due to those softer growing areas. But the main component are your genes. Boys do most of their growing usually from 12 - 16, but can continue to grow to 18 or even a bit older. It all depends on when those growth plates close and that happens according to your genetic programming.Also, you're fine at any height. Keep fit and be confident.
(edited 4 years ago)
Aw, thanks! But are there people who're late bloomers for tall genes, but they're just not doing anything about it?
Original post by Going Back
Other than eating a good, normal diet with enough protein, there's nothing you can do to affect your final adult height. It will depend on whatever selection of genes you happened to get from your parents. You will grow, either fast or sliw, as long as the growth plates at the ends of your bones (the part where growth happens and puts lenght on the bone) are open and active. You can absolutely lift weight as a teenager - the recommendation is to avoid a lot of super heavy weight due to those softer growing areas. But the main component are your genes. Boys do most of their growing usually from 12 - 16, but can continue to grow to 18 or even a bit older. It all depends on when those growth plates close and that happens according to your genetic programming.Also, you're fine at any height. Keep fit and be confident.
Yes, lots of people grow late. You might gow early, middle or late in puberty, or any combination of the above. Proper nutrition and exercise will support the most growth of which you are capable, but nothing will override your genes. And that's ok.
Aw, thanks! But are there people who're late bloomers for tall genes, but they're just not doing anything about it?
Oh, okay! That brings a whole new meaning. Thanks:colondollar:
Original post by Going Back
Yes, lots of people grow late. You might gow early, middle or late in puberty, or any combination of the above. Proper nutrition and exercise will support the most growth of which you are capable, but nothing will override your genes. And that's ok.
My dad's about 5'6

You're 12 you have barely hit puberty yet, odds are you will be 5'6"-6'0" when you stop growing but honestly, you have another 6+ years of growth, relax.
Really? :colondollar:
Original post by TheRealSquiddy
You're 12 you have barely hit puberty yet, odds are you will be 5'6"-6'0" when you stop growing but honestly, you have another 6+ years of growth, relax.

How old are you squiddy?
12 going on 13
12 going on 13
Original post by CuriosityYay
How old are you squiddy?
Original post by CuriosityYay
How old are you squiddy?

I'm 21, and I've grown an inch in the last year, like honestly, you can still grow up until 21. I'm done growing now.
Cool. How tall are you now?
I'm 21, and I've grown an inch in the last year, like honestly, you can still grow up until 21. I'm done growing now.
Cool. How tall are you now?

6'0" or so, I was 4'11" when I was your age, and didn't grow taller until I was 15 when I shot up.
Cute. Lol
I wanna be 5'7" when I'M 21.:biggrin: An inch taller than my dad would be great.
6'0" or so, I was 4'11" when I was your age, and didn't grow taller until I was 15 when I shot up.
I'm planning to grow up to 5'7" when my growth spurt is done. Is it possible for that to happen if I do exercise? Sorry if I'm asking to much

You can't artificially induce growth.
Aww. But are there other ways?
Original post by Tootles
You can't artificially induce growth.
I'm 33 & 4ft 9.

You're 12.

You'll be fine.
hey, thanks. :smile:
Original post by teapotcelestial
I'm 33 & 4ft 9.

You're 12.

You'll be fine.
Original post by teapotcelestial
I'm 33 & 4ft 9.

You're 12.

You'll be fine.

This, at the end of the day. There's no issue with not being tall, other than needing to get someone reach things down from the top shelf at that supermarket.

Aww. But are there other ways?

No.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending