Accomodation in Leeds, UK Watch

Lily2462
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
My name is Lily, my semester will start in September 2019 at Leeds Beckett University. I have checked most of the Student Accommodations (like 7-9 dorms ), within a 1-km radius. After all, I consider between Host the Foundry and Broadcasting Tower. I appreciate any of given advice. Thank you.
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Well Leeds Becket, formerly LMU, has two campuses - the Headingley one - which is basically a small student town with most of Univ. of Leeds students staying there too, and a city centre Campus.

the Broadcasting House isn't in Headingley - but near the Leeds city centre inner-city outskirts (if that makes sense, sorry!), so old-BH is perhaps more convenient for the city centre campus.

It therefore might help if you know which campus you might be studying at - although fairly good bus service connects the centre to Headingley via Otley Road, and it is also a walkable distance.

look at maps.google.co.uk and try and judge distances, hopefully some students at Becket are going to give you better advice....
Lily2462
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Thank you and I appreciate so much for your advice. My Campus is in the city center - 4 mins walk to Broadcasting House. What I concern the most is the furniture and ambiance of the Broadcasting House. I also hope that some students at Becket are going to give me better advice as you said. Have a good day LuigiMario.
(Original post by LuigiMario)
Well Leeds Becket, formerly LMU, has two campuses - the Headingley one - which is basically a small student town with most of Univ. of Leeds students staying there too, and a city centre Campus.

the Broadcasting House isn't in Headingley - but near the Leeds city centre inner-city outskirts (if that makes sense, sorry!), so old-BH is perhaps more convenient for the city centre campus.

It therefore might help if you know which campus you might be studying at - although fairly good bus service connects the centre to Headingley via Otley Road, and it is also a walkable distance.

look at maps.google.co.uk and try and judge distances, hopefully some students at Becket are going to give you better advice....
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I've only ever been to Broadcasting House when it was a working BBC centre, (I helped with some of their Radio Leeds shows and late night TV too), it is quite newly refurbished for students, so I'm sure it will be better than many choices available in the whole of the UK, and it is a fantastic location for access to the city. I think Lily that you have now chosen to live in the UK's second-best shopping city (after London), compliments.

I hope you get some time for studying! "Tha'll be reet" as we tend to say 'up-north'
PhoenixFortune
  • Universities Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Moved to Leeds Beckett University forum.
Lily2462
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Thanks a lot
(Original post by LuigiMario)
I've only ever been to Broadcasting House when it was a working BBC centre, (I helped with some of their Radio Leeds shows and late night TV too), it is quite newly refurbished for students, so I'm sure it will be better than many choices available in the whole of the UK, and it is a fantastic location for access to the city. I think Lily that you have now chosen to live in the UK's second-best shopping city (after London), compliments.

I hope you get some time for studying! "Tha'll be reet" as we tend to say 'up-north'
Lily2462
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
Thank you PhoenixFortune
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
Moved to Leeds Beckett University forum.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Leeds Beckett University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (122)
24.3%
The paper was reasonable (224)
44.62%
Not feeling great about that exam (95)
18.92%
It was TERRIBLE (61)
12.15%

Watched Threads