The Student Room Group

Apple Airpods or smartwatch

Hey guys! I have to make a purchase decision. I can either buy the new AirPods or a smartwatch. Both act $200. The smartwatch in my mind is emporio Armani smartwatch which is on sale for abt $210. I like both. Which one should I go for? are smartwatches just a gimmick?
depends on your lifestyle. smartwatches are only really useful if you get loads of notifications and have a busy life so can't really take out your phone or if you have a fitness orientated lifestyle. airpods are useful if you love listening to music, sound quality honestly isn't great for the price but the convenience is very worth it
Original post by Prussianxo
depends on your lifestyle. smartwatches are only really useful if you get loads of notifications and have a busy life so can't really take out your phone or if you have a fitness orientated lifestyle. airpods are useful if you love listening to music, sound quality honestly isn't great for the price but the convenience is very worth it

which one would u go for? I am not extremely fitness oriented.
Reply 3
id say smartwatch cus you can get alternatives for airpods cheaper
I'd personally go with the smart watch, especially if you don't have one already.
Original post by Chelsea_12345
which one would u go for? I am not extremely fitness oriented.

I personally would go for airpods because I listen to music daily and would find them very convenient. smartwatches are cool and they do have a purpose but I would be less likely to find it useful every day as I would with airpods.
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
I'd personally go with the smart watch, especially if you don't have one already.

I have a series 1 Apple Watch but its not that good.
Both are pretty gimmicky, just grab a real watch or a actual good pair of headphones
Original post by Chelsea_12345
I have a series 1 Apple Watch but its not that good.

When I say smart watch, I mean a nice analog/dress watch, something you can wear on special occasions or for interviews.
Why do you have to buy something, is there a gun to your head? Why not let that money sit in your bank until you actually know what you want to spend it on rather than letting strangers on the internet who don't know anything about you choose?
Airpods.

Quick Reply