my 8 marker was about 2/3 of the page
Original post by Navi885
150 plus for a 9?, possible since the papers were easy

No, don't be ridiculous
Last years paper was also easy
Original post by 12olex
How many marks can the grade boundaries go up because it was easy
Here are some of the answers I remember
1)Sampling: using a digital analogue converter to convert the sound into processable data, the amplitude of sound is recorded at regular intervals
2) Sample frequency increases size and quality of file
3) bitmap, uses binary code to represent each pixel, the larger the binary code, the more colours it can represent.
Hexadecimal was 163
Other calculation was 91
For the final question, you HAD to use a while loop to get anything above 6/8 I think
Logic gate was an OR, not an and. Answers were 0111
DEFENSE DESIGN: AUTHENTICATION AND VALIDATION
OCR FC QUESTION: the things I put into the gaps were: nogoalscount, = nogoalscount+1 , print (nogoalscount)
Ways of translating high level: compilers and interpreters
The data type was a real as it used decimals
Lines 6 to 8 of the bubble sort code stored each value as a temporary variable to swap the 2 values
Merge sort
Linear sort
Data is represented in binary because it only has 2 states
ADD MORE TO THIS :smile:))
Original post by bigdan69420
1)Sampling: using a digital analogue converter to convert the sound into processable data, the amplitude of sound is recorded at regular intervals
3) bitmap, uses binary code to represent each pixel, the larger the binary code, the more colours it can represent.
Hexadecimal was 163
Other calculation was 91
For the final question, you HAD to use a while loop to get anything above 6/8 I think
OCR FC QUESTION: the things I put into the gaps were: nogoalscount, = nogoalscount+1 , print (nogoalscount)
Lines 6 to 8 of the bubble sort code stored each value as a temporary variable to swap the 2 values
Merge sort
Linear sort

What did you mean by Linear sort that’s a search isn’t it ? I think for the two sorts it was Insertion and Merge
Reply 185
IIRC grade boundaries are set through comparative testing, so will be very similar to last year but possibly 2/3 marks higher.
Last years paper was also easy
Yeah sorry you're right, was very tired when I made this, your answers are right
Original post by Normaldave
What did you mean by Linear sort that’s a search isn’t it ? I think for the two sorts it was Insertion and Merge
jonolwnsd
I 100% agree
Original post by alexashley__
IIRC grade boundaries are set through comparative testing, so will be very similar to last year but possibly 2/3 marks higher.
for the 8th line the code should have been:
IF height >= 120 AND height < 140 //since they only needed an adult if they were shorter than 140 cm
for the 12th line the code should have been:
total = total + 2 //since the existing rider is travelling and there is an extra adult as well because they need them to ride.
Original post by ilansiva30
total = 0
WHILE total != 8
height = INPUT("Enter height in cm: ") as INT
IF height >= 140 THEN
OUTPUT("Allowed to ride.")
total = total + 1
ELSE
IF height >= 120 THEN
adult = INPUT("Adult present? ") as BOOLEAN
IF adult == TRUE THEN
OUTPUT("Allowed to ride.")
total = total + 1
ELSE
OUTPUT("Not allowed to ride.")
ENDIF
ELSE
OUTPUT("Not allowed to ride")
ENDIF
ENDIF
ENDWHILE
i think you got mixed up with the binary search question, the other search to binary was linear😂
Yeah sorry you're right, was very tired when I made this, your answers are right
Yeah you're right, I hope I didnt accidentally do that in the exam..
Original post by GeorgeMeakin
i think you got mixed up with the binary search question, the other search to binary was linear😂
Original post by S h a d o w
Paper 2 was light work, I found paper 1 more difficult personally.

Stuff on Check Digits was a big oof

i forgot what check digits wereeeee :frown:
Original post by HannahA2002
What was the correction for the logic error? I got something like 2 MOD == 0
High level language examples, I got interpreter and compiler
Defensive design, I said maintaining the code, comments and variables. Now I'm starting to think that it should have been input sanitisation and validation
When you had to convert hex to denary (A3), did u get 13 or 103? I added 10 and 3, but I'm not sure if that's right.

i got and did exactly as u did for the questions u mentioned :/
Its A(10) X 16 so = 160 then 3 so 163
Ye bro
Original post by GeorgeMeakin
i got confused with interpreter and compiler and said that compiler translates it all in one go and interpreter does it bit by bit? did i guess correctly
The first two questions where on sound
Original post by The Shadow Man
Tha was nice a nice paper I was surprised at the lack of questions on sound
For defensive design can u say anticipating misuse through Input validation and sanitation? and Can you say restricting user access to certian parts of the program to prevent unauthorized access?
Hexadecimal was 163
Other calculation was 91
Merge sort
Linear sort
The second question. The one with the pseudocode /algorithm Stressed me out so much, Spent about 20 mins trying to resolve it but kept going back and rewriting the whole answer, in the end, crossed it all out moved on, But yeah I crashed and burned for the rest of the exam worst exam moment ever. I did go back at the end and put an answer but I was so concentrated on that question for the rest of the exam I forgot everything:/
What was the question? was the filling in the blanks one?
Original post by Deorbiting
The second question. The one with the pseudocode /algorithm Stressed me out so much, Spent about 20 mins trying to resolve it but kept going back and rewriting the whole answer, in the end, crossed it all out moved on, But yeah I crashed and burned for the rest of the exam worst exam moment ever. I did go back at the end and put an answer but I was so concentrated on that question for the rest of the exam I forgot everything:/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending