Can u apply for different courses and different universities? Watch

username4278616
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Hi, doing AS bio, chem, maths and psych

So originally I was thinking of applying for 4 medicine courses and 1 healthcare science course when I get to Yr 13, but honestly I don’t think I’ll be able to get the grades for all the top medical schools.

So I’m asking now if it’s possible to say apply for 2 medicine courses and 3 healthcare science?

For some context, I want to either be BMS in nhs or doctor but still unsure. Im a volunteer at nursing home and also did work experience for both (shadowed microbiologist rounds and he showed me around labs)

Thanks and live amazing lives
Last edited by username4278616; 5 days ago
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It is possible to do this but the problem might be writing a personal statement that is appealing to both medicine and other Admissions tutors
username4278616
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Thanks for replying. I emailed one of the healthcare science schools before and they said to email them a revise personal statement for healthcare for them to attach when I apply

So would that just mean it is possible and I just have to write like 3 different personal statements?
(Original post by harrysbar)
It is possible to do this but the problem might be writing a personal statement that is appealing to both medicine and other Admissions tutors
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by ShibShabShob)
Thanks for replying. I emailed one of the healthcare science schools before and they said to email them a revise personal statement for healthcare for them to attach when I apply

So would that just mean it is possible and I just have to write like 3 different personal statements?
Yes, and that is quite understanding of them since some unis will be fussy about the idea that you are only committed to their course and nothing else....but they are obviously more realistic about the situation and it does sound like you will have good things to put on your PS
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (519)
26.23%
The paper was reasonable (863)
43.61%
Not feeling great about that exam (388)
19.61%
It was TERRIBLE (209)
10.56%

Watched Threads