The Student Room Group

chemistry triple science exam 2019

i’m based in wales so WJEC are the exam board, i was just wondering how everyone found it because i thought it was pretty hard
Reply 1
yeah i did higher tier triple award science today and found it to be much harder than i had anticipated. everyone in my school found it pretty hard too. how did people in your school find the exam?
Reply 2
literally so hard compared to biology, literally everyone was complaining about how many equations we had to do from scratch, what school are you from?
Original post by Matt387
yeah i did higher tier triple award science today and found it to be much harder than i had anticipated. everyone in my school found it pretty hard too. how did people in your school find the exam?
Reply 3
im from ysgol bro gwaun in fishguard. lets just hope everyone found the exam hard so the grade boundaries are lowered
Original post by leonijones
literally so hard compared to biology, literally everyone was complaining about how many equations we had to do from scratch, what school are you from?
Hi, loads of people also found it very difficult in my school. I found it quite hard too, i'm not sure if i wrote about the right method on the six-marker, was it normal titration or making salts? I got quite confused
Reply 5
Original post by alexandra07
Hi, loads of people also found it very difficult in my school. I found it quite hard too, i'm not sure if i wrote about the right method on the six-marker, was it normal titration or making salts? I got quite confused

i think it was where you have to filter it and then let the water evaporate to form the crystals
Original post by Matt387
i think it was where you have to filter it and then let the water evaporate to form the crystals

Okay, i wrote about that one! Thanks
Reply 7
yea literally, the grade boundaries were low for last year’s exam, i think it was like 18/80 for a C so they should be even lower based on that exam
Original post by Matt387
im from ysgol bro gwaun in fishguard. lets just hope everyone found the exam hard so the grade boundaries are lowered
Reply 8
Original post by leonijones
yea literally, the grade boundaries were low for last year’s exam, i think it was like 18/80 for a C so they should be even lower based on that exam

i got over 75% in the chem exam last year and i only got an a- and i thought the boundaries were quite high. the exam last year felt quite easy form me too. so hopefully because this exam was hard, the grade boundaries should be lower
Reply 9
no wayyy , you’d expect that to be an A*??? i had like 65% and got a B so wasn’t too bad but this year oh my god i’m praying that i pass.
Original post by Matt387
i got over 75% in the chem exam last year and i only got an a- and i thought the boundaries were quite high. the exam last year felt quite easy form me too. so hopefully because this exam was hard, the grade boundaries should be lower

Quick Reply

Latest