Dissertationnnnn fail Watch

Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Have any of you ever failed or recieved a bad grade on your dissertation?

I consider bad below 60. I've only ever heard of people getting quite high marks.

Looking for some insight as I'm sort of fighting with myself as to wether to do one next year.

I feel i should as it's great prep for my M.S. I am planning on doing.

And I'm also fairly talented at coursework, average about a 72... Far higher than exams sadly... Something about me putting some music and getting lost in front of my laptop i enjoy. Not really effective when revising for exams
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I've nrver heard of anyone getting a choice before ...

If you're good at coursework you'll be fine and you get a supervisor so there's feedback etc you don't have in a normal assignment
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Yeah at uni of Nottingham it isn't a requirement which is odd for a research university. I wouldn't consider my uni soft or crap lol. Though some may disagree. But i feel like to strengthen my masters profile, i need to do one. As I'll be applying in October im finishing exams soon and then ill do 10 days of research and send my proposal to the UK (currently at our Malaysia campus on a year abroad). But thanks for the input, yeah the supervisor aspect should help. Although our slides make it seem like it should def remain under 10 contact hours, but thats quite a bit of assistance tbf. Come to think of it hardly get any help on coursework! Great point.
(Original post by doodle_333)
I've nrver heard of anyone getting a choice before ...

If you're good at coursework you'll be fine and you get a supervisor so there's feedback etc you don't have in a normal assignment
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Yeah I would do it. Will strengthen your masters app and also I found it fairly enjoyable tbh. Wasn't implying your uni was soft! Just hadn't heard of it happening.
(Original post by Realitysreflexx)
Yeah at uni of Nottingham it isn't a requirement which is odd for a research university. I wouldn't consider my uni soft or crap lol. Though some may disagree. But i feel like to strengthen my masters profile, i need to do one. As I'll be applying in October im finishing exams soon and then ill do 10 days of research and send my proposal to the UK (currently at our Malaysia campus on a year abroad). But thanks for the input, yeah the supervisor aspect should help. Although our slides make it seem like it should def remain under 10 contact hours, but thats quite a bit of assistance tbf. Come to think of it hardly get any help on coursework! Great point.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I've given a few, it's not a shoo-in that you'll get a good score but if you like extended writing and have a flair then you have the potential to do really well. it will def strengthen a PG application, too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (220)
21.85%
The paper was reasonable (438)
43.5%
Not feeling great about that exam... (193)
19.17%
It was TERRIBLE (156)
15.49%

Watched Threads