Am I disqualified? URGENT HELP!!!! Watch

salahcr7
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
I need HELP urgently, this afternoon I was in an exam and I turned around for a split second because I heard a noise. What sanction will I get
applesandalevels
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
nothing if no one said anything you won't have anything done to you
Amber!
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Did the invigilator say anything to you? If not I’m sure absolutely nothing will happen because if there was a noice they would have heard it too and know why you turned around
anon123a
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
awhhhhhhhhh nothing mannnn, dont worryyy .. lol me here .. reminiscing
anon123a
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
ahhw the way your worked up about it
SarcAndSpark
  • Careers Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by salahcr7)
I need HELP urgently, this afternoon I was in an exam and I turned around for a split second because I heard a noise. What sanction will I get
To get a sanction, your behaviour needs to be reported to the exam board. This would have been discussed with you during or after the exam.

If no-one has said anything to you, you're fine.
salahcr7
Rep:
?
But one of the invigilators (who is really nice to me) told me that the invigilator WROTE on a sheet that I turned around so it will be reported but what will happen
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
To get a sanction, your behaviour needs to be reported to the exam board. This would have been discussed with you during or after the exam.

If no-one has said anything to you, you're fine.
n.n1616
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
don't worry. I always do things like this in exams and I've never been scrutinised for it .
I doubt its that much of an issue since its only natural to react that way to sound.
SarcAndSpark
  • Careers Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
But one of the invigilators (who is really nice to me) told me that the invigilator WROTE on a sheet that I turned around so it will be reported but what will happen
Ok, so it has been reported.

The exam board could choose not to apply a sanction, or they could choose to disqualify this paper, this subject or all the exams you sit on their board.

It's likely that as long as you didn't communicate with anyone else, you won't face a severe sanction. You need to speak to a teacher tomorrow to find out what exactly is being reported to the exam board.

If they exam board don't think it was an attempt to cheat, they won't sanction, but your school do have to report things. If they were found not to report things that needed reporting, they could lose their status as an exam center.
Amber!
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Even if it has been written down and reported to the exam board, nothing will always happen. Honestly if you heard a noice they’ve probs written that down too so I’m sure your fine
Hibbyxo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
wooow so is it treally like that my school students me smiling laughing and turning back lmaoo don't worry youll be fine
anon123a
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
yh but it not like you turned around for no reason. if it ws a loud noise, many people may have turned around too... why didn't you ask her or find more info about it at the time?? .. weird but i doubt it'll be a deep issue...
salahcr7
Rep:
?
But is turning around enough to get my paper disqualified because the invigilator told me the other invigilator just wrote my name: Turned around and the time. (I just need to get it off my chest)
anon123a
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
no, its not enough to get you disqualified but the fact that the invigilator felt the need to write it down can get you disqualified but i really doubt it......i mean if the examiner sees ' __ turned around'.. then they are going to think it is a problem that the nvigilator felt the need to write it.. maybe she may not send it off.. i doubt anything severe will happen. ive turned around many times before... its a what can u do type of thing.. i know its hard but you cant be on here stressing about it when you have many exams on the way.. think of it like this; you didnt bring your phone, your phone didn't ring (thats happened wiwth a friend in one of my exams lol), u didnt CHEAT CHEAT......... SO relaxxxx dudeeee
But is turning around enough to get my paper disqualified because the invigilator told me the other invigilator just wrote my name: Turned around and the time. (I just need to get it off my chest)
Rizen
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
bro looking around isn't cheating, doing what i did was, by programming my calculator to display component meanings etc for my computer science paper 2 xD
Den987
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
When and why did you turn around?
Emily Miller
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Rizen)
bro looking around isn't cheating, doing what i did was, by programming my calculator to display component meanings etc for my computer science paper 2 xD
U didn’t get caught?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
salahcr7
Rep:
?
There was a noise and I turned around in the middle of the exam
(Original post by Den987)
When and why did you turn around?
anon123a
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by rizen)
bro looking around isn't cheating, doing what i did was, by programming my calculator to display component meanings etc for my computer science paper 2 xd
lool wow
Den987
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
There should be no issue then. I once did an exam where a girl decided to use her hand for working out instead of asking for extra paper. The examiner still reported it, but double checked with her at the end of the exam to make sure she didn't have that before she came into the hall. Nothing happened to her.
There was a noise and I turned around in the middle of the exam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 20 May '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How has 2019 been so far?