Failed gcse Watch

helpjen101
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi guys I literally feel like I have failed all my exams I have no hope I am going to get good grades I just don’t know what to do
halsx11
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by helpjen101)
Hi guys I literally feel like I have failed all my exams I have no hope I am going to get good grades I just don’t know what to do
Same I have the same feeling but we can do this and just have to work hard for it! So then you don’t regret it on results day! Good luck
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Ardell
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think that you need to have a clear goal and work backwards from that. So, say you want to be a doctor or nurse. First you need a degree in medicine so you will need to go to university. To get into university, you need good A- levels and *decent* gcse grades. Keep in mind that universities will primarily look at a-levels rather than gcse's. Just try to get good enough grades to get into college or sixth form. Or atleast that's my plan. Good luck.
halsx11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ardell)
I think that you need to have a clear goal and work backwards from that. So, say you want to be a doctor or nurse. First you need a degree in medicine so you will need to go to university. To get into university, you need good A- levels and *decent* gcse grades. Keep in mind that universities will primarily look at a-levels rather than gcse's. Just try to get good enough grades to get into college or sixth form. Or atleast that's my plan. Good luck.
Thanks for your advice some universities apparently do look at your GCSEs which I’m absolutely terrified about cuz the exam boundaries are going to be really high!
arieslover
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Guys relax we need to think in a more positive way as the other person said earlier on having clear goals therefore you have more motivation to work towards to. I have hope in myself after many incidents as i had previously and found out something today which is annoying the heck out of me ....even though i feel like i cant do anything we need that little spark and little hope to get all of us through this dreadful journey....come on we can do this...just another 3 weeks and we will be done with hell....devil being the exam paper as you already know..hahahaha...lol...okay...do nt worry...
halsx11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by arieslover)
Guys relax we need to think in a more positive way as the other person said earlier on having clear goals therefore you have more motivation to work towards to. I have hope in myself after many incidents as i had previously and found out something today which is annoying the heck out of me ....even though i feel like i cant do anything we need that little spark and little hope to get all of us through this dreadful journey....come on we can do this...just another 3 weeks and we will be done with hell....devil being the exam paper as you already know..hahahaha...lol...okay...do nt worry...
Your right I can’t seem to get the negativity of me failing out of my head and I need to strive to do my best at my other exams cuz I’m wasting my time thinking about the exams that have been and my heads going to explode and I’ve still got so much to do! 😭😭
indigoblueee664
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I mean you've probably done fine, but GCSES honestly don't mean much, I've got friends who went straight into accounting apprenticeships even after failing gcses and just redid their maths the year after. Roughly half of the people I go to college with failed their maths and English but were still able to do Alevels, and just retook them the year after. I'm not knocking down gcses at all but it's not the end of the world mate there are still endless opportunities & you'll still be able to get onto any course
halsx11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by indigoblueee664)
I mean you've probably done fine, but GCSES honestly don't mean much, I've got friends who went straight into accounting apprenticeships even after failing gcses and just redid their maths the year after. Roughly half of the people I go to college with failed their maths and English but were still able to do Alevels, and just retook them the year after. I'm not knocking down gcses at all but it's not the end of the world mate there are still endless opportunities & you'll still be able to get onto any course
Yeah ur right but I don’t want to resit and my college doesn’t allow any resits this is why I want to pass everything and at least get 6s in everything!
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
2 months later

OMG GUYS I GOT ALL A*s

(I am not trying to mock you or anything like that, but people who are certain they failed their GCSEs often end up doing sick, at least in TSR that is)
halsx11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by The RAR)
2 months later

OMG GUYS I GOT ALL A*s

(I am not trying to mock you or anything like that, but people who are certain they failed their GCSEs often end up doing sick, at least in TSR that is)
Really well done! I’ve had my two of my science papers and Ik that I’ve done Crap I keep remembering the answers that I got wrong and it’s just horrible! I think I’ve failed but I know I can do it!
halsx11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by The RAR)
2 months later

OMG GUYS I GOT ALL A*s

Any tips?
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by halsx11)
Thanks for your advice some universities apparently do look at your GCSEs which I’m absolutely terrified about cuz the exam boundaries are going to be really high!
How on earth do you know the grade boundaries are going to be high? NOBODY knows what they will be until every paper is marked.

Just move on and try your hardest - remember the same proportion [roughly] of people will get grade 7+ and 4+ as last year.
arieslover
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by halsx11)
Your right I can’t seem to get the negativity of me failing out of my head and I need to strive to do my best at my other exams cuz I’m wasting my time thinking about the exams that have been and my heads going to explode and I’ve still got so much to do! 😭😭
Good to hear we are in one team.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (217)
22.79%
The paper was reasonable (427)
44.85%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.28%
It was TERRIBLE (134)
14.08%

Watched Threads