I need help with my mental health but I don't know how Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm 16 and I've been suffering with my mental health for 6 years now.
Its been getting worse gradually but its really bad at the moment, I decided in February that I needed help, as I just can't live like this, it isn't fair.
But my parents are weird about it, I told my mum when I was eleven and she never mentioned it since, I thought parents were supposed to care for you back then, but I've learnt differently.
So I'm 16 and its affecting the whole of my life, my grades are awful, I can't stick friendships and I have no aspirations.

I don't know what to do.
Should I get help?
How would I get help?
How do I get help without my parents knowing?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm 16 and I've been suffering with my mental health for 6 years now.
Its been getting worse gradually but its really bad at the moment, I decided in February that I needed help, as I just can't live like this, it isn't fair.
But my parents are weird about it, I told my mum when I was eleven and she never mentioned it since, I thought parents were supposed to care for you back then, but I've learnt differently.
So I'm 16 and its affecting the whole of my life, my grades are awful, I can't stick friendships and I have no aspirations.

I don't know what to do.
Should I get help?
How would I get help?
How do I get help without my parents knowing?
Hey OP

Sorry to hear you’re struggling with your MH. It’s taken me years before I got the help with my MH.

I would definitely say go and get help. Make an appointment with your GP. You’re at that age now where your GP doesn’t have to tell your parents or anyone unless they think you’re in danger, etc. They would then be able to go through different options if treatment/support.

Maybe try and speak to your parents about it too? Or is there anyone you know that you can trust that you can speak to?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey,

Thank you, I'm really sorry to hear that you've been struggling too. I hope things start to get better for you soon.

I was going to do that, but my nearest doctors is miles away and I cant drive so I have no way to get there.

I would talk to my parents about it, but they really don't care. They're too busy with work, they're just not interested in my life.
And my friends aren't interested so I can't tell them, and we don't have a guidance counseller at my school.
I'm pretty much alone, I just wish there was an easy way out.

Thank you for your advice though
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey OP

Sorry to hear you’re struggling with your MH. It’s taken me years before I got the help with my MH.

I would definitely say go and get help. Make an appointment with your GP. You’re at that age now where your GP doesn’t have to tell your parents or anyone unless they think you’re in danger, etc. They would then be able to go through different options if treatment/support.

Maybe try and speak to your parents about it too? Or is there anyone you know that you can trust that you can speak to?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (204)
22.57%
The paper was reasonable (409)
45.24%
Not feeling great about that exam... (169)
18.69%
It was TERRIBLE (122)
13.5%

Watched Threads