The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

lol to match the constructive approach taken by the OP to passing their exam....
Reply 21
OP you can get better help if we know why you missed your exam.
If you were run over and in hospital or something you might be okay...
... If your alarm clock didn't go off then its tough
Only thing you can do now is ring up the school and ask if you can resit the component in November. You definatly can resit in Year twelve but I think this means you will have to do the non-calc again too
Reply 23
Why did you miss it in the first place? :confused:
Did your school not ring you to let you know it was starting and you should be there?

Although possibly it's only my very exam-obsessed school that does this...
Reply 25
Firstly LOL :wink:

secondly contact your school ASAP, and ask to speak to Exams Officer or equivalent. Clear the situation up ASAP, and you better have some good excuse.
How come you missed it anyway?
I failed mine :smile:
lol in my school we had to give the head of year our mobile numbers just in case. I was about 45 mins late to my GCSE Business exam but it's a useless subject, to miss a maths exam is quite stupid lol. How you manage that?
Reply 28
bet youre raging
youl fail the exam paper, but mite get some for the cw you done, nothing you can do,i know someone whos done that, he just failed it all, n it wasnt even GCSE's was alevels.....
miiiiil
i have nightmares about this happening

ooh, i had one of those last night.

have you finished school, or do you still go in for exams/lessons?
right im guessin it was GCSE maths becuase i had that today too.
i think you would have to sit the whole of the maths component again in November, you cannot do separate papers again e.g. just Calc or something.
call your school, explain the situation, and see what they recommend you doing.
im sure you would have at least a C if you did quite well on the other
Reply 32
I dont think you missed it. I think he's trying to do us..
Reply 33
I sleept in, set 2 alarms to wake me up, including one that set a loud piece of rock blacsyting out of my PC at maximum volume, still didn't waek, fortunately for me I ran to school and despite the test already being over they let me sit it with sixth formers taking a different exam

Whew!
Reply 34
tldr22
I dont think you missed it. I think he's trying to do us..

He's probably already halfway to mexico with your family heirlooms.
Reply 35
GCSEs btw
Reply 36
cffnm47
GCSEs btw

And how did you manage to miss it?!
cffnm47
I sleept in, set 2 alarms to wake me up, including one that set a loud piece of rock blacsyting out of my PC at maximum volume, still didn't waek, fortunately for me I ran to school and despite the test already being over they let me sit it with sixth formers taking a different exam

Whew!

so did you wake up, go on TSR to post this thread, then run to your exam???

:confused:
How can you miss an exam? I spent the whole morning revising! My school said if you are sick or if your car breaks down you have to ring the school immediately to tell them also, they phone you if you haven't turned up!
It was an afternoon exam.... which starts at 1:30! How can you oversleep til like 1?!

Latest